Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Red leather restoration

Inside your car, there is an interior. Talk about it here
SOLUDE
My Generation: 5G

Red leather restoration

Post by SOLUDE » Thu May 18, 2017 10:41 am

Hi guys, my car has red leather (full, no velour) seats but they are a little salmon red rather than deep red. I'd like to I don't know if theyve just faded a bit or were always a bit of a pinkish red as it's quite uniform and condition is good.

Anyway of making them a deeper red? I don't want to replace them as they are quite unique (unless anyone else has seen them before) they have Honda Sport logo embroidered into the seat back in white/red thread and apparently this was from new as probably a Honda show car back in the day.... I've not been able to find any the same via forums or research..

I'm restoring the car and want to bring them up to spec.

Any help, advice or ideas?

Vtecmec
LotM Winner
My Generation: 4G
XBOX GamerTag: vtecmec

Post by Vtecmec » Thu May 18, 2017 11:33 am

Gliptone do a leather dye which works very well.

https://www.liquidleather.com/pages/adv ... cuffmaster

RattyMcClelland
PSN GamerTag: RattyMcClelland

Post by RattyMcClelland » Thu May 18, 2017 11:41 am

I think those seats were custom made for the Honda show car buy honda.

SOLUDE

Post by SOLUDE » Thu May 18, 2017 11:07 pm

Thanks guys! Ratty, you don't happen to know any more about the Honda show car do you? Most of the info I've got is speculation about my car to date, I'm trying to find more info and have written to Honda.. if they were originally that shade as a custom job it would be a shame to overdie them!
Thanks again.

RattyMcClelland
PSN GamerTag: RattyMcClelland

Post by RattyMcClelland » Thu May 18, 2017 11:23 pm

SOLUDE wrote:Thanks guys! Ratty, you don't happen to know any more about the Honda show car do you? Most of the info I've got is speculation about my car to date, I'm trying to find more info and have written to Honda.. if they were originally that shade as a custom job it would be a shame to overdie them!
Thanks again.
I have no info but dealerships do make a habit of doing custom interiors for show.

SOLUDE

Post by SOLUDE » Fri May 19, 2017 12:07 am

Makes sense and tis the same as I have been told about the interior.. I'll do more research before I act.
Funnily (for me) Few years ago I bought a used Porsche Cayenne from a Porsche main dealer (don't ask..) was a PX they had taken in and a friend who has bought lots of cars from them had a word and got me a great price. Turns out my mate had seriously bigged me up as a potential repeat customer and apparently how I was into the old 911 RSs etc but now into modern. Dealership only went and fitted out a new 997 full interior, external trim/paint job, spoiler, wheels etc in 1970s RS colour scheme as a 'show car' banking on the fact that I would see it (they sent me pics unexpectedly) and buy it as they thought i was such a wealthy collector of all things 911 RS... :? : Little did they know it would have been at least 2-3 times my whole annual salary at the time. It passed around at least 3 Porsche dealers before someone did! :shock:

Sailor
Supporter 2016
My Generation: 0G

Post by Sailor » Sat May 20, 2017 12:45 am

The other thing dealers have done is to over-spec a car they think a company might lease. They'll take it back and sell it every year or 18 months or so until the manufacturer's warranty ends.

A friend of mine was looking at Jags last year. He found real bargains in the £20-30K range, almost all of them full of the toys and less than 2 years old - with over 60% depreciation. A frequent story was that a firm had leased them and gone bust.
International Pensioner of Mystery

SOLUDE

Post by SOLUDE » Sat May 20, 2017 11:35 am

Yup, my family wagon. Skoda superb was a cancelled lease order as the firm went bust -£10k off list with every toy you can imagine..

Return to “Interior”