Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Leather seats vs cloth seats ?

Inside your car, there is an interior. Talk about it here
Curt
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: CannonGrave

Leather seats vs cloth seats ?

Post by Curt » Mon May 22, 2017 6:37 pm

Hi all.

About a month ago I was incredibly excited to purchase a set of leather seat covers from a fellow luder.The seat covers came of a Si spec lude where as mine is a uk spec 2.2 He advised me that the covers would need light restoration. After searching for so long this was never going to be an issue, so I decided to take the covers to a local trimmers and have them take the cloth covers off mine and replace them with the leather ones. Upon collecting them I was disappointed to see that there were plenty of exposed areas of foam. The guy that fitted them assured me that the covers would not fit my seats. My question is, are the leather seats different sizes to the cloth seats or different year seats ie 97 to 01?

Thanks all

Curt

Donald
Supporter 2015
My Generation: 0G

Post by Donald » Wed May 24, 2017 9:35 am

As far as I know they shouldn't be, seems a bit odd. I've swapped foam from cloth seats to leather and had no issue. The seat pans are handed though, is it possible they were put back the wrong way?

Curt

Post by Curt » Wed May 24, 2017 3:32 pm

Possibly, to be fair I wont be using these guys again as they've put them on terribly so I'm using someone else.

PreludePete
Supporter 2016

Post by PreludePete » Wed May 24, 2017 4:45 pm

Hi Curt,

Also just to note that to remove/refit the seat base covers requires removal of the seat base from the frame as parts of the cover need to be secured to the bottom of the base and this can't be done in situ.

Found this out when I took the covers off the seats to send to you. (a real pain it was too!)

Hope this helps,
Pete

Curt

Post by Curt » Wed May 24, 2017 6:40 pm

Thanks Pete :) I'm getting a chap to look at them on the weekend and he's assured me they will fit. Lesson learnt, never take it somewhere just because they're cheap :oops:

Return to “Interior”