Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Location of Heated seats elements

Inside your car, there is an interior. Talk about it here
PreludePete
Supporter 2016
My Generation: 5G

Location of Heated seats elements

Post by PreludePete » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:01 pm

Am in process of changing covers on 5th Gen front seats. The ones to be changed are the heated version and I wonder if anyone knows the location of the heating elements. I assume just the base but I would rather check before I start to take the seats apart to remove the old tatty covers and fit the new nearly mint ones.

Any advice welcome. Easiest would be just to change the whole seat but then I would lose a valuable extra!

Pete

Curt
PSN GamerTag: CannonGrave

Post by Curt » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:06 pm

Hi Pete. Heated seat element is directly under the centre section of the seat. There is a small white clip that holds the wiring loom to the base which is easily removed without breaking.

PreludePete
Supporter 2016

Post by PreludePete » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:50 pm

Thanks for that Curt, could you be a bit more specific as to the location of the heating element?

Is it within the foam base or above/below it.?

As you know, you have to separate the base from the frame to fit the seat cover I want to make sure I don't damage anything.

Pete

Andyjess666

Post by Andyjess666 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:24 pm

Hi pete if your taken the seat out undo the bolts an lean seat back you see the wire underneath you see the connector to unclip if still not unsure google it as there is a wiring programme an detailed write up with photos on prelude power

Return to “Interior”