Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Instrument Light Dimmer

Inside your car, there is an interior. Talk about it here
littlefeller
My Generation: 4G

Post by littlefeller » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:42 am

ok, had a butchers @ the diagrams, seems there is a control unit behind the fuel guage panel, it needs pluging intop the dimmer if you have one, if not there are pin outs for the unit in the manual. the dimmer dial is on and off able, so i would imagine that the control unit is present on both (with or without dimmer). my reasoning for this is if the dimmer was switched off would it not be the same as just unplugging it? therefore dimmer controller should still be present, just defaults back to dim with lights on if dimmer removed for jdm market. (just needs plugging into the dimmer switch :D anyone got there dash in pieces to have a look? :idea:

Dbo
LotM Winner

Post by Dbo » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:48 am

my dash is in but if you understand how to do all this, i will come to you and while you have my dash apart you can fit my EL dials i have sat on the side for months now :lol:

littlefeller

Re: Instrument Light Dimmer

Post by littlefeller » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:58 am

and while were on this subject maybe while were at it maybe have a look at the stupid wiper speeds (my lude is the first car i have owned that doesnt have an adjustable intermitent wipe :evil: ) why do i miss this so much :lol:

littlefeller

Post by littlefeller » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:02 am

Dbo wrote:my dash is in but if you understand how to do all this, i will come to you and while you have my dash apart you can fit my EL dials i have sat on the side for months now :lol:
we need someone to take a pic with the sub dash removed (the part with the fuel guage in, not the speedo dials) i know what the controler looks like, i just need to see if my reasoning was correct or not. this pic would have to be off a non dimmable car :lol:

littlefeller

Post by littlefeller » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:10 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: just had a look on ebay :lol: :lol: :lol: theres only one dimmer switch and it has 4 days to run :lol: :lol: will this be the highest bids ever for a switch :lol: :twisted: :twisted:

maybe its jjmartins listing :o :shock: :shock: :lol: thats a cunning plan, start a thread on something you have listed on ebay 8-) :twisted:

Dbo
LotM Winner

Post by Dbo » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:15 am

mine is a non dimmable car ;) but looking for somone who knows what they are doing with dash electrics :!:
Crazy did a real good write up with pics of how to take apart the whole dash and clusters and fit blue filters to change the nasty green ;)
i want to do this and fit the EL clocks i have (complete with inverter and plugs) and be able to make them ajustable :!:
but had dash out and to complicated for me :oops:
can not understand diagrams so don't want to bugger it up :(

Dbo
LotM Winner

Post by Dbo » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:16 am

i have two spare ones :P so i won't be bidding :lol:

littlefeller

Post by littlefeller » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:18 am

do you have the diagram for the ELs :? and of inverters and plugs?

Dbo
LotM Winner

Post by Dbo » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:25 am

no m8 :!: someone on another fourm fitted some and gave me the list of colours of which one had to be spliced to which.
but some said to "constant power" only and there was another write up about jumping the indicators around the other way, as facelift EL into pre-facelift makes them work backwards :shock:

littlefeller

Post by littlefeller » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:30 am

the constant power should be in the inverter, you need some kind of constant voltage or current limiter with EL dials, i should think that it what the inverter is for. the el cluster loom is different from the other loom. if someone on here has a diagram for the el dials then it would be an easy job of making a conversion harness.

Return to “Interior”