Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Harness Question

Inside your car, there is an interior. Talk about it here
Crazy_C
My Generation: 3G

Post by Crazy_C » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:35 pm

It was inspected by a mate of mine who used to be a scruitineer and the angle was something like 10 degrees off of the limit of dangerous angle so just about safe. Main reason I think is cos I'm short I sit forwards which of course reduces the angle of the rear straps. My friend (6'4) did say if he was driving it the angle would have been dangerous. Some advantages of being short! Lol
4thgenphil wrote:you're odd and that made me crap myself!
RattyMcClelland wrote:Dom with a fag in his mouth. A rare sight. :lol:
nitin_s1 wrote:I am Nitin, motha fucka!
mart609 wrote:It wasn't a good look standing around stratching my nuts every 5 minutes. Never again :lol:

FrontBackSide2Side
My Generation: 4G

Re: Harness Question

Post by FrontBackSide2Side » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:54 pm

mart609 wrote:I have a 4g with 4ws and didnt really want to remove all of the gubbings out of the back. So the tramroad brace isn't really an option.
I was going to use the rear seatbelt points like crazy said. (this is what I did with my old lude)
but I was struggling to find a fixing point for the sides (I can't remember where they were fitted in my old lude)
I have a tramroadmotors brace in the back of my 4ws 4g if you wanted to take a look at what's involved? All it means is unbolting the oem bracing and mounting the 4ws on the boot floor. You also need to cut a small section away on either side of the car but only very small sections to get the clearance.

mart609
LotM Winner
XBOX GamerTag: mart609
PSN GamerTag: mart609

Post by mart609 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:53 am

I'm going to have to think and make decisions on what route I'm going to take the car... I want the best of both worlds but I dont think it's going to happen.

I wanted to fit the bucket seat and strip the interior for trackdays etc. then put it back to standard again afterwards

nitin_s1
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: N171N

Post by nitin_s1 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:00 am

Mart, you want the Harness bar? There is this guy selling on ACcrodr for £70.? Let me know and I will buy it for you and have him sent to you and you can pay me. I would have bought it but need the money for something special.. :oops:

stk prelude

Post by stk prelude » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:52 am

Mate do what iv done.. strip it but leave some plastics in.. I could but my rear seats and belts back in in a hour or two.. one thing do not use any seat mounts to secure the harness.. only seat belt mounting points!!!

bb1boy
XBOX GamerTag: adam fantastic

Post by bb1boy » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:25 pm

Merlin wrote:...That is my opinion. Although it is pretty hard to flip a Lude :lol:
I beg to differ :? Remember when I did this.....

Merlin
PSN GamerTag: Merlinbadman

Post by Merlin » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:27 pm

:lol: Ok its hard to flip a lude except when you are in a country lane, hitting a verge?, with your girlfriend next to you.

I did have that pic going through my head when I typed that. It's hard but you managed it :lol:
BA8......... BB4......... BB8.........The JDM Muscle Bus

bb1boy
XBOX GamerTag: adam fantastic

Post by bb1boy » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:30 pm

Country lane, yes, on a nice sunny afternoon in June. Weird cambered corner, Cornish hedge, inconsiderate oncoming traffic and slow reacting 4WS. Luckily I was alone in the car. Gutted though, I loved that 'Lude.

Merlin
PSN GamerTag: Merlinbadman

Post by Merlin » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:34 pm

I thought your GF was with you :? It must have been someone else who crashed their Lude badly with their GF beside them.
BA8......... BB4......... BB8.........The JDM Muscle Bus

Return to “Interior”