Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Valuation thread?

Donald
Supporter 2015
My Generation: 0G

Valuation thread?

Post by Donald » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:44 pm

While I was showering earlier I had an idea (which seemed great at the time) and thought I'd share it with you all.

Why not have some sort of "What's this worth?" thread in the parts section?

For example:

I have an unused Motegi badge I think I might sell, but I don't know what it's worth. I tried looking for another for sale as a rough guide; but didn't see one on eBay, none advertised for sale here, and I don't think you can get them from Honda anymore.
  • Now, I don't want to go make a thread in the parts section asking what it's worth, then have a page or two of suggestions, and then within that thread put it up for sale.

I also don't want to then edit my first post in that thread to then advertise it as up for sale and then have several newly-redundant posts following it debating a price, this would be confusing for newcomers to the thread.

I also don't want to just advertise it for sale with a 'make me an offer' price... I don't like doing that, because I don't know what it's worth and don't want to turn away reasonable offers or accept unreasonable ones. I also think that sometimes puts people off because they may not know themselves or might be concerned with making a ridiculous offer.

And lastly, I don't want to make a completely new thread because then there's two threads essentially about the same thing (the forum gets a bit messy then), or some people might post in both topics or the wrong one saying "Oh yes Gorgon, I'll buy it, take my money quick!" - confusion about who was first ensues.
So why not have a sticky at the top of the parts forum called "What's this worth?" and then individuals can go there with their wares and discuss it, argue/agree, whatever.

Is this a good idea or shall I just concentrate on washing myself in future?

nitin_s1
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: N171N

Post by nitin_s1 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:48 pm

I'll take the badge for £45 right now! 8-)

4thgenphil
Supporter 2016
My Generation: 4G

Post by 4thgenphil » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:53 pm

nitin_s1 wrote:I'll take the badge for £45 right now! 8-)
its ukdm though! :lol:
:thumbdown:

4thgenphil
Supporter 2016

Post by 4thgenphil » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:53 pm

or is it EDM :? :lol:
:thumbdown:

nitin_s1
PSN GamerTag: N171N

Post by nitin_s1 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:02 pm

4thgenphil wrote:
its ukdm though! :lol:
It is for a UKDM car that I have got! 8-)

rob quilter
Supporter 2014
PSN GamerTag: robquilter

Post by rob quilter » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:02 pm

4thgenphil wrote:or is it EDM :? :lol:
:lol:
PERFORMANCE PARTS FOR JAPANESE CARS - http://WWW.TOKYOSQUAD.COM

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK - http://WWW.FACEBOOK.COM/TOKYOSQUAD

JayJay

Post by JayJay » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:08 pm

Might be a good idea that, Gorgon. Only problem I can see is keeping track of and people replying to the new items :think:
Shiny wrote:I sniff dirty pants.

Donald
Supporter 2015

Post by Donald » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:08 pm

As much as I appreciate your offer nitin, this isn't the sale thread!

I'm not going to accept here because that would then undermine the whole point of my suggestion. In a purely hypothetical insinuation, you could be ripping me off (you might know that the value of these is much higher), or I could be ripping you off (I know what I paid for it originally). :oops: I hope you understand.

I had more in mind a kind of general consensus sort of thread. I know that ultimately everyone wants to get a bargain, and I also realise that this isn't eBay (so I won't be playing your offer off against others in a 'can anyone beat that price' fashion), but I believe in a fair price for something... I don't think sentimental/biased values should come into these kinds of sales.

jozefsan

Post by jozefsan » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:10 pm

parts all the time will have value what people want pay for them and not what they really worth

Donald
Supporter 2015

Post by Donald » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:11 pm

JayJay wrote:Might be a good idea that, Gorgon. Only problem I can see is keeping track of and people replying to the new items :think:
Yeah that is an issue, but then that's what the quote function is for! Also I know it might be a bit of a pain, but some sort of weekly thread clean up/contentsy-archive thing or something could be implemented?

Return to “Archive”