Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

For Sale Section

Donald
Supporter 2015
My Generation: 0G

Post by Donald » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:26 am

Also the other side to it is not everyone's a chatty Cathy; just as an example, newkid is an excellent seller but apart from that doesn't post too much, same for jozefsan.

judderod
My Generation: 4G
PSN GamerTag: judderod

Post by judderod » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:10 am

As long as members aren't being conned I don't see the problem. You can't force people to post if they don't want to, some may not be lucky enough to have the time to participate in anything other than getting some money to pay the bills.

If the intention is to stop people signing up and attempting to con members with dodgy goods or practices then that's a different matter.

Just an idea that might be off topic, but what about a similar thing to ebay's top-rated seller on here. Where you buy something and are happy with it, you leave feedback that counts towards the seller being awarded a status of recommended seller. You could also have recommended buyers. The status could expire after a set period such as a year.

bennyboy
Art Mechanic
PSN GamerTag: OCbennyboy

Post by bennyboy » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:35 am

Haven't had chance to read all this thread, but on other forums we have had a feedback threads section, so each seller just sets up "blahblah's feedback thread" and buyers post about their experiences. Has worked well, just a thought.
UKDM BB1 H22A8 NH561P 244bhp 173lbft

'Nigella'

www.benaskem.co.uk

rob quilter
Supporter 2014
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: robquilter

Post by rob quilter » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:23 pm

I think a minimum post count, before being able to sell a car is a good idea. But nothing ridiculous, I think something like 20 posts before being able to sell is reasonable.
PERFORMANCE PARTS FOR JAPANESE CARS - http://WWW.TOKYOSQUAD.COM

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK - http://WWW.FACEBOOK.COM/TOKYOSQUAD

Gayno
Lord Gayness

Post by Gayno » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:02 pm

Again guys, you've all picked up on the "being conned" element - this was not the intention or reason for the post, please don't see it that way.

It's not about forcing people to post crap or join in if they don't feel comfortable or whatever.

I reiterate from my previous posts:
Gayno wrote:My point though more centred around people abusing the site for their own gain, rather than existing member's being caught out - this AFAIK hasn't happened yet.

We are all on the site, we contribute to the community, we donate towards its running costs, then someone who's had a Prelude for a while but is now a rust bucket and they want rid just signs up to post an advert because they don't want to pay to advertise on Auto Trader or eBay. Is it too much to ask a small contribution to the site in return for the ability to post an advert, the sum of which will still be cheaper than using the above sites.
Gayno wrote:my main bugbear is contribution (or lack thereof). Too many people in this world try to get as much as possible for free. If something is provided for you free of charge, then the gentlemanly thing to do is offer something back in return for it's use.

VT3C RUNN3R
XBOX GamerTag: SiR Vtec Junkie

Post by VT3C RUNN3R » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:09 am

In this day and age unfortunately there will always be that person that will even go that extra mile just to screw someone over! so IMO post counts are no good as they can just be spammed.

Although the rep is giving out easily on this forum between members, people who dont contribute to the site (socially or whatever) will still not have any. I thought that this was the whole idea of the rep function anyway?

Maybe an "Established Member's" for sale thread for the more veterain Enthusiasts along side the normal for sale thread? which does run on Rep to be able to post? (like 100+ or something) that way people in that thread know they are only buying/selling to known/established (or atleast people wanting to be established) members?

Just my 2p. ;)

bennyboy
Art Mechanic
PSN GamerTag: OCbennyboy

Post by bennyboy » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:18 am

Gayno wrote:Again guys, you've all picked up on the "being conned" element - this was not the intention or reason for the post, please don't see it that way.

It's not about forcing people to post crap or join in if they don't feel comfortable or whatever.

I reiterate from my previous posts:
Gayno wrote:My point though more centred around people abusing the site for their own gain, rather than existing member's being caught out - this AFAIK hasn't happened yet.

We are all on the site, we contribute to the community, we donate towards its running costs, then someone who's had a Prelude for a while but is now a rust bucket and they want rid just signs up to post an advert because they don't want to pay to advertise on Auto Trader or eBay. Is it too much to ask a small contribution to the site in return for the ability to post an advert, the sum of which will still be cheaper than using the above sites.
Gayno wrote:my main bugbear is contribution (or lack thereof). Too many people in this world try to get as much as possible for free. If something is provided for you free of charge, then the gentlemanly thing to do is offer something back in return for it's use.
I TOTALLY take your point mate, the thing is I think for the sake of asking for a donation, those people that do just want rid will stick the ad somewhere else. I guess the flip side to this is that at least the club benefits from those cars/parts, so it's the best place for them.
Dont get me wrong, like everyone else my back gets up slightly when you see a for sale thread and its the persons first post, no introduction or whatever, but I think that's just a natural reaction, because it's a club and everyone in it is usually very friendly/upfront so there's a tendency to feel like your good will (or the forums) is being exploited, but actually, you can just exploit the seller back, by getting the parts you want hopefully cheaply.

TBH I think if the posters of such threads started off with a couple of lines like "Hi, I've signed up to sell my car/parts etc etc" it would feel a bit more 'honest', rather than just an ebay link! :?:
UKDM BB1 H22A8 NH561P 244bhp 173lbft

'Nigella'

www.benaskem.co.uk

judderod
PSN GamerTag: judderod

Post by judderod » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:21 am

IMHO offering something for sale IS contributing to the community, especially if it's a little cheaper than it might be on the likes of ebay or autotrader since the fees can be avoided.

VT3C RUNN3R
XBOX GamerTag: SiR Vtec Junkie

Post by VT3C RUNN3R » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:34 am

^^ agree but i thought Gayno was on about the people that do come on, might even say Hi and seem very friendly which is fair enough but when it comes down to the business side, are nowhere to be seen or dont reply to pms or posts or give sufficiant details of their items. i.e. location, cost, etc?

4thgenphil
Supporter 2016

Post by 4thgenphil » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:45 pm

Is this still being discussed?
:thumbdown:

Return to “Archive”