Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Ctrl+I, Ctrl+B, Ctrl+U

Confused
My Generation: 4G

Ctrl+I, Ctrl+B, Ctrl+U

Post by Confused » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:42 pm

Hi all,

When making posts I typically use keyboard shortcuts for Italic, Bold, Underline.

Doing so here does whatever the default shortcuts do in Firefox (Ctrl+I for "Italic" opens the "Bookmarks" sidebar)

Any chance of adding these to the full & quick reply editor?

Thankfully Alt+S works for "Submit" :)

Garry

Kawa
XBOX GamerTag: kawa222

Post by Kawa » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:43 pm

Alt i and Aly U work for me.

Looks like Alt B is connected to a main menu option, I'll remove this in a sec.

Kawa
XBOX GamerTag: kawa222

Post by Kawa » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:45 pm

ALT B - Done and tested :)

Donald
Supporter 2015
My Generation: 0G

Post by Donald » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:50 am

:lol: Doesn't work on the iChodebook.

Alt+B = ∫
Alt+I = ^
Alt+U = ¨

Not bothered tbh! I like clicking the buttons.

indigolemon
The Chaos Engine
PSN GamerTag: M149YSL

Post by indigolemon » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:51 am

Right alt or left alt @Donald? They do different things, can't quite remember if a mcspazbook has 2 alt keys or not :?
'On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.' - Charles Babbage

Donald
Supporter 2015

Post by Donald » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:06 am

Yeah it has two alt keys, both do the same thing :lol: it may just be the way I've set my keyboard up though, or maybe some Chrome setting. Although I have had a look and I can't see anywhere to change this, Chrome settings or my system preferences.

For that matter I have two command keys, two alt/option keys, one ctrl and one fn. I've tried all sorts of combinations but nothing works. I did just discover that ctrl+b and ctrl+f actually moves you blinky line thing through your text by one position per press :lol: Don't know why you would use that over the arrow keys though :?

Usually in Pages if I use cmd+b/i/u it does the bold etc. stuff. Is it a simple addition to add this to the script? Not sure if you have cmd on other keyboards? I think you do but it's one of those keys that doesn't get used by normal people. Just like my fn key :lol:

Anyway as said before I am not bothered by it and I'm not sure how many other people use iOverpriced, so if it's a pain then don't bother... although I imagine you may be a tad finicky like myself and would want it just for the sake of completion :geek: :mrgreen:

indigolemon
The Chaos Engine

Post by indigolemon » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:32 am

The cmd key is a mac only invention sadly. Had a quick google, apparently Webkit (the rendering engine in Safari and Chrome) doesn't pass any of these shortcuts through in its current incarnation on OSX.

However, all is not lost - Google have forked the project, are ditching all the stuff they don't need (around 4500 lines of code) and improving things: http://www.engadget.com/2013/04/03/goog ... -chromium/

Until that makes it into Chrome proper though, I think you're stuck unless you use Firefox.
'On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.' - Charles Babbage

Donald
Supporter 2015

Post by Donald » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:54 am

Rep for knowing stuff 8-)

As said I'm not overly bothered, I'm not going to switch to Firefox though :lol: It's horrible on OSX, slow, dated when compared to Chrome and even when I'm typing text to search from the home page of Firefox the text appearance is delayed. I can finish typing and count almost 2 seconds before it catches up, and that's with ONLY Firefox running :lol:

So I assume this thing will sort itself out when Chrome is updated?

indigolemon
The Chaos Engine

Post by indigolemon » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:01 pm

Likely yeah, because Google are taking ownership of the code they can fix these 'bugs' without worrying about other Webkit users getting upset :)

Confused

Post by Confused » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:33 pm

I'm gonna forget about using Alt rather than the usual Ctrl (as used in every Windows application!) ;)

Thanks for adding at least one keyboard shortcut ;)

Return to “Archive”