Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

LOTM Archive

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner
My Generation: 0G

LOTM Archive

Post by NafemanNathan » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:59 pm

Just an idea... In the LOTM archive, I think it would be nice to see the winner's forum name in the title of the winning thread.

I'd suggest the same for the competition threads, so we can see who was against who at a glance, but I don't imagine there's enough room for that... Unless you can do a sub title underneath it ???

If you decide to do this, you may as well put all the titles in the same format whilst you're at it to (ie. Either all capitals or not ;-) ).

Cheers! :D

mercutio
LotM Winner
My Generation: 5G

Post by mercutio » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:42 pm

what happened with the winners being added to the pictures on the home page
bristol_bb4 wrote:ahhh a 5th gen, i love 5th gens :D :lol:
Dino wrote:I loves the 5th gen really.... just dont quote me on it... ;)
4thgenphil wrote:Mines 4 1/4 unches mate, sorry

http://www.ludegeneration.co.uk/profile ... -t618.html

Gayno
Lord Gayness
My Generation: 4G

Post by Gayno » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:08 pm

I'm sure you can see that since I've taken over, I pretty much use the same format for the titles every month. I have everything being in CAPS so I think I'll keep the titles as they are, with just the "NOMINATIONS" "COMPETITION" and "WINNER" in caps, to easily differentiate between the thread for that month.

As for adding the winner to the title, can be easily done, however putting it there won't encourage some members to go into the thread to see, and therefore they may not post a congrats comment.

Thoughts?

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner
My Generation: 0G

Post by NafemanNathan » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:52 pm

Yeah I like the block capitals for the NOMINATIONS, COMPETITION & WINNER, but it would be good for all the past ones to be amended as well... Please :lol:

And as it stands, a lot more people view the threads than reply anyway. If It was the case you didn't want to congratulate the winner ( :? ) you still wouldn't even if you had to open the thread to see who it was. So it make no odds whether you could see who won without opening the thread or not. I just think it's quite good to see the list at a glance.

bristol_bb4
LotM Winner

Post by bristol_bb4 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:15 pm

mercutio wrote:what happened with the winners being added to the pictures on the home page
this

Ted

Post by Ted » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:36 pm

mercutio wrote:what happened with the winners being added to the pictures on the home page
NafemanNathan wrote:Yeah I like the block capitals for the NOMINATIONS, COMPETITION & WINNER, but it would be good for all the past ones to be amended as well... Please :lol:

And as it stands, a lot more people view the threads than reply anyway. If It was the case you didn't want to congratulate the winner ( :? ) you still wouldn't even if you had to open the thread to see who it was. So it make no odds whether you could see who won without opening the thread or not. I just think it's quite good to see the list at a glance.
Yeah I typed similar to this out earlier too but my battery died before I sent it

indigolemon
The Chaos Engine
PSN GamerTag: M149YSL

Post by indigolemon » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:22 am

Time and real life I think. Any picture needs to be cleaned up, resized, captioned and then added to the relevant parts of the site to appear in the carousel. It's not a quick job, and assumes we have pictures of a high enough quality in the first place.

We'll get there eventually.
'On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.' - Charles Babbage

Return to “Archive”