Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

MaDMaXX's Bullitt

Got a car that isn't a Lude? There's no condemnation here. Tell us about it!
MaDMaXX
My Generation: 4G

Re: MaDMaXX's Bullitt

Post by MaDMaXX » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:34 pm

Haha, yeah i'll be taking my exhaust back home with me, no way they're getting that.

MaDMaXX

Sparkplug change

Post by MaDMaXX » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:07 am

I changed out the plugs a couple of weeks ago and the old ones have been sitting awaiting some pictures, you know what i'm like ;)

I don't think i'll be putting these back in any time soon, i'm fairly certain they're the originals at ~90k miles. Not a problem, but at the end of their service limit.

Plugs 1 through 4

Plugs 5 through 8

MaDMaXX

Post by MaDMaXX » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:20 am

Well, first up, the little stuff, took a couple of days, if that, a new set of anodised screws for the fuel door, about $6 posted.

Secondly, these have been about a week or so to arrive, they had to be sourced, cleaned, tested etc.

From Osidetiger, 8 recon Bosch Type III injectors, slight upgrade from stock whilst remaining stock, one of my originals failed the flow test. About $100 posted.

Very well packed, yes that is a vacuum bag they're in!!

And here is the results print out from the injectors, very closely matched, within 1% i think.

MaDMaXX

Fuel Injectors, Filter and Rear Diff

Post by MaDMaXX » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:21 am

So new injectors installed and working, i also fitted the new Motorcraft fuel filter and dropped the oil from the rear diff.

I can tell you now, that the rear diff oil was the most sloppy, disgusting and non fluidic black crap i've ever seen come out of a car, and that includes the power steering fluid!!

Needless to say i actually had to use brake cleaner on the diff gears to remove the remaining sludge and oil.

I've only done 7 miles home, and wow, it's so smooth now, even gear changes feel much easier and smoother (already changed trans oil a few weeks ago - RP Synchromax) I put ~58oz of Royal Purple Max gear in the diff.

The engine feels a lot smoother too, now this could just be down to the fact one of my old injectors actually failed the flow test. However, it was wet tonight, and just before i got home, i accelerated harder in 2nd gear, normally if the wheels start spinning, i feel it all go rough along with the drive train.

It was so smooth and quiet that i barely felt it spin until it shifted sideways on me, it was effortless from the engine. Can't wait until it's dry and i get a chance to open it up :)

Oh yes, and i can now finally fully 100% confirm i've got 3.73 gears fitted....

Kawa
XBOX GamerTag: kawa222

Post by Kawa » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:35 pm

All good mate,

I have updated your thread so it lists the notable updates in a drop down at the top of each profile page.

To achieve this yourself, you can tick the "Profile Update" box when making a new post.

This will prove useful when this thread gets to 60+ pages :lol:

MaDMaXX

Post by MaDMaXX » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:08 pm

Ohh, yeah i saw that, wasn't sure what it was, ta.

Return to “Non-Lude Profiles”