Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Holden Commodore VS - Bruce

Got a car that isn't a Lude? There's no condemnation here. Tell us about it!
Crazy_C
My Generation: 3G

Got bass???

Post by Crazy_C » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:42 pm

Got bass???

Four 12" JBL power series subs in an ex shop display sub box, works very well and the bass is AWESOME!!!! Still keeps the clarity if I'm not cranking it, but if I do decide to crank it up, you can feel your internal organs vibrating!!!

The box will be painted matt black and the yellow on top will be done in the same red as on the car. I also need to fill in the holes in floor where the subs were before
4thgenphil wrote:you're odd and that made me crap myself!
RattyMcClelland wrote:Dom with a fag in his mouth. A rare sight. :lol:
nitin_s1 wrote:I am Nitin, motha fucka!
mart609 wrote:It wasn't a good look standing around stratching my nuts every 5 minutes. Never again :lol:

Kawa
My Generation: 4G
XBOX GamerTag: kawa222

Post by Kawa » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:11 pm

Crazy_C wrote:but if I do decide to crank it up, you can feel your internal organs vibrating!!!
8-)

Crazy_C

New stuff!!!

Post by Crazy_C » Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:03 am

After a slight mishap, I've had to repair some of the front end :( Front coil springs I've had to replace (Volvo V70 Phase II wagon rear springs, with 1.5 coils removed), pull the subframe straight, replace the alloys (front 2 got destroyed :( ) and I am now waiting on delivery of a new steering rack for it.

Bit of an update on the work though. I now have a bit of rake, but the rear tyres are smaller than the fronts so it's kinda deceptive at the moment, but I'll chuck a couple more spring assists in there and get the rear end up more, unless I can get some standard rear springs.

The new sub enclosure being built:

It will be padded on the top before being carpeted so I can use it as a bed, as demonstrated by my mate Mark here:

The new wheels are because of needing something as the front 2 of the old alloys got destroyed, but these new ones aren't perfect but they're doing me for now, till I can either make them perfect, or get some that are :)

Had to trim it down a bit on the top and corners of the front plate to get it all to fit nicely in there. My measurements were perfect, but I hadn't realized that the pillars at the front and rear of the trunk narrowed so much but it's all grand now.

I have also had a crazy idea that I'd toyed about with in my mind, and couple of guys on Street Commodores kinda got it in the forefront of my mind again - the idea of vanning it out!!

mart609 wrote:It wasn't a good look standing around stratching my nuts every 5 minutes. Never again :lol:

Crazy_C

Re: Holden Commodore VS - Bruce

Post by Crazy_C » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:54 pm

Work in progress on the door cards. Had to do more crazy foam, and now just waiting for the fibreglass filler to set. Then sand them down, get them all nice, and then carpet them :D

One of them is now sanded down to the right shape, it's not perfect but not bad at all for my first attempt at fiberglass door builds. I'll then see about carpeting them as and when I have the time and the carpet.

Crazy_C

New door speaker builds

Post by Crazy_C » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:06 pm

Wooo!! Door builds are done at last!! Had to go up London for a hospital appointment half way through, but gave me a good bit of time to put filler on it (sanded the fiberglass down last night) and let that set ready for sanding the filler back and then carpeting it.

After sanding down the filler:

All done:

Kawa

Post by Kawa » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:19 pm

smart 8-)

Crazy_C

Post by Crazy_C » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:27 am

Cheers mate. Not bad for a first attempt using fiberglass eh? Must admit, I won't bother using it again though, I'll just go straight to using filler after the crazy foam. Thought I'd give it a shot though, and learnt from it too.

Kawa

Post by Kawa » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:05 am

fibre glass is a good base to start with as it give regitity and strength to build on :)

Crazy_C

Post by Crazy_C » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:30 am

Yea, I probably just won't try and build it just with fiberglass like I originally did with these, I'll just do a base and then filler it :)

Crazy_C

Newest wheels!!!

Post by Crazy_C » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:57 pm

I have my newest set of wheels on Bruce now, and for £20 I ain't gonna complain at all!! I was hoping to get some steelies and a chrme dog dish set, but these have the right look and just painted them and polished up the lips as they were. I'll get some 10mm spacers to pull them out a bit so they're more flush with the arches but for now I'm loving them :)

Return to “Non-Lude Profiles”