Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

H22 EJ6 project

Got a car that isn't a Lude? There's no condemnation here. Tell us about it!
A1ex
My Generation: 5G

H22 EJ6 project

Post by A1ex » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:06 pm

I've been a busy boy the last few weeks;

Went from a broken civic on the drive to a broken prelude and a broken civic, to a civic without a motor, then a civic and a prelude without a motor then a civic with a prelude motor :-)

the little civic d16y7

the empty lude

Was a PITA to get the passenger side drive shaft and intermediate shaft out. The lude is too close to the wall to drop the suspension and pull the hub away with the shaft so had to take the drivers side shaft out and move the engine away from the passenger side instead. I didn't realise how tight the fit of the H22 was in the lude.

The h22a8 in the civic :-)

I've used innovative engine mounts, means the bonnet can be close without shims which is a big plus. Checked the clearance yesterday and there's a good inch or two of space.

Down side, the power steering pump doesn't fit & the AC compressor doesn't fit. So from now on, power steering and ac are for girls :lol:

Most of the wiring is done, just need to swap the alternator wires from the civic ones to the lude ones (civic had alternator on the back of the engine), put the custom drive shafts (Yonaka) into the ek9 hubs (282mm brakes) and re assemble with the ek9 front shocks.

I need to source a couple of parts tho, hoping someone can help;

Need to find someone to make a customer fuel line, the ones I've got are too short as the prelude line is on the wrong side of the rail and the civic rail doesn't fit. Any ideas?

Also need to source an alternator only belt as the standard one includes the A/C which doesn't fit, again any ideas?
Last edited by A1ex on Wed May 04, 2016 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PAW rebuilt 98 prelude 228bhp & 171lb/ft R.I.P.
PAW rebuilt 01 ATR 238bhp & 164lb/ft sold
Monte Carlo Blue 02 S2K :D

Rudelude

Post by Rudelude » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:50 pm

Civic is gonna b a beast :twisted:
1997 Type S, Pearl White
Rust Free & Mugen Goodness

mercutio
LotM Winner

Post by mercutio » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:13 pm

use an electric p/s pump
bristol_bb4 wrote:ahhh a 5th gen, i love 5th gens :D :lol:
Dino wrote:I loves the 5th gen really.... just dont quote me on it... ;)
4thgenphil wrote:Mines 4 1/4 unches mate, sorry

http://www.ludegeneration.co.uk/profile ... -t618.html

Cutz
My Generation: 4G
XBOX GamerTag: Masta Cutz

Post by Cutz » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:59 pm

A1ex wrote:I've been a busy boy the last few weeks;

Went from a broken civic on the drive to a broken prelude and a broken civic, to a civic without a motor, then a civic and a prelude without a motor then a civic with a prelude motor :-)

the little civic d16y7

the empty lude

Was a PITA to get the passenger side drive shaft and intermediate shaft out. The lude is too close to the wall to drop the suspension and pull the hub away with the shaft so had to take the drivers side shaft out and move the engine away from the passenger side instead. I didn't realise how tight the fit of the H22 was in the lude.

The h22a8 in the civic :-)

I've used innovative engine mounts, means the bonnet can be close without shims which is a big plus. Checked the clearance yesterday and there's a good inch or two of space.

Down side, the power steering pump doesn't fit & the AC compressor doesn't fit. So from now on, power steering and ac are for girls :lol:

Most of the wiring is done, just need to swap the alternator wires from the civic ones to the lude ones (civic had alternator on the back of the engine), put the custom drive shafts (Yonaka) into the ek9 hubs (282mm brakes) and re assemble with the ek9 front shocks.

I need to source a couple of parts tho, hoping someone can help;

Need to find someone to make a customer fuel line, the ones I've got are too short as the prelude line is on the wrong side of the rail and the civic rail doesn't fit. Any ideas?

Also need to source an alternator only belt as the standard one includes the A/C which doesn't fit, again any ideas?

try the MR-S Roadster electric power steering pump...i'm running one on my h22-converted EJ9...the pump is just lovely :-)
Matt
Civic Type-22
Red-R Performance
http://www.red-r-performance.com

Ammo
Admin | Spammer Assassin

Post by Ammo » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:19 pm

Keep toying with doing something like this to use up all the prelude parts I have in the garage :lol:

EG_H22

Post by EG_H22 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:09 am

Best thing you done was fit that smashing H into a civic mate you wont be dissapointed. Need any advice let me know (even though you prob wont lol) all i will say is you shouldve gone h2b though instead of the full H but then again you had the whole running gear.
Once your done will be good to meet as my h2b is up and running now :D.

Yonaka driveshafts are known for snapping due to the quality but are rated for atleast 250. Unless other tuners wanted me to go for hasport and what not just to get more money from me lol.

Keep it up pal

A1ex

Re: H22 EJ6 project

Post by A1ex » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:30 pm

Cheers bud.

I did think about h2b but as the civic was a D series originally so I'd have to buy a B series box and shafts along with the h2b kit so would have cost quite a bit more. Plus not really keen on the bonnet shim option.

Nearly up an running now, having some trouble with starting it tho :-(

got some more pics;

Tight fit on the slave cylinder;

Just need to hang the exhuast & get the motor to start then it's the tidying up :-)

EG_H22

Post by EG_H22 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:41 pm

Mine shuts fine mate and bonnet raisers wouldve sorted that problem out too lol.
Im back at mine tomorrow hopefully as i took it out the engine for wee spray. Best bit is when you here it running

A1ex

Re: H22 EJ6 project

Post by A1ex » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:18 am

Took the civic for an MOT today.

Barely got started :cry:

The station said it's not complete enough to test. As most of the power steering stuff is there but it doesn't work that's a fail unless I remove all P/S parts and change the rack etc. So I need to get it working, @Cutz @mercutio the mr-s power steering pump was suggested, could you point me in the direction of one? Also, what wiring needs to be done? I'd like to get it sorted by the end of the week if I can as the temp insurance runs out on Saturday, any help would be appreciated.

Also, where would it be mounted?

Cutz
XBOX GamerTag: Masta Cutz

Post by Cutz » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:42 am

Wiring diagram is online mate all you need is a heavy duty relay to switch it on.

Get the pig tails for the pump if u can.

As for lines, youll need a low pressure return and a single high pressure line.

Its really easy
Matt
Civic Type-22
Red-R Performance
http://www.red-r-performance.com

Return to “Non-Lude Profiles”