Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

EK9 Type-H

Got a car that isn't a Lude? There's no condemnation here. Tell us about it!
DaveyBa8
Supporter 2016
My Generation: 4G
XBOX GamerTag: DaveyRocket172

Post by DaveyBa8 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:36 am

A B16b is a way more fun engine than the H22, and every bit as quick if not quicker in the right hands.

Throw in a crank and rods from a B18c and then you have an animal. Plus it will devalue the car.

But anyway each to there own.

Asacei
Supporter 2014

Re: EK9 Type-H

Post by Asacei » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:02 am

DaveyBa8 wrote:A B16b is a way more fun engine than the H22, and every bit as quick if not quicker in the right hands.

Throw in a crank and rods from a B18c and then you have an animal. Plus it will devalue the car.

But anyway each to there own.
You may well have a point...and if I hate the end result there is nothing to stop me swapping to something else... I have been backwards and forwards over what engine to go for several times. Originally I had intended the project to be a Kswap...but costs are high and then suddenly there were Kswap projects going on everywhere.

Decided I wanted to do something different so thought about a Accord type r engine....

Then a partially completed H2B came up. Which I ended up buying as a bit of an impulse buy. (If I did this again I would need a massive amount of convincing that buying a part completed anything was the right thing to do, I have probably spent more time and money due to this than anything else)

So to start with at least H2B is where this project is going...The H2B decision arrived way before the ek9 shell, if things had gone according to plan it would have ended up in an base model automatic ek3

As it is I don't know of another H2B ek9 so I guess it will be unique even if it is completely frowned upon :think:

RattyMcClelland
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: RattyMcClelland

Post by RattyMcClelland » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:28 am

Ek9 was built for a b18 anyway.

EG_H22

Post by EG_H22 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:35 pm

Nice build thread mate, havent seen a h2b ek9 though but shame you putting a h in it, why not a k series that would be better.
Either way man enjoy it

Ash

Fons[DutchGuy]

Post by Fons[DutchGuy] » Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:09 pm

this is going to be good :D
Love sucks, true love swallows.
macky_6 wrote:Hi, welcome to LG 8-)

You have to excuse these 4th Gen drivers, they ain't around girls much :lol:

DaveyBa8
Supporter 2016
XBOX GamerTag: DaveyRocket172

Post by DaveyBa8 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:24 pm

H2B will pull very well,

Least you won't have to seam weld the chassis :)

Well make dam sure you do a mint job on it because I love my ek9s it will be my next project after the prelude.

Keep up the good work man. Projects aren't easy they can break a man lol, but one job at a time and taking a few breaks sure helps.

Asacei
Supporter 2014

Post by Asacei » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:12 pm

DaveyBa8 wrote:H2B will pull very well,

Least you won't have to seam weld the chassis :)

Well make dam sure you do a mint job on it because I love my ek9s it will be my next project after the prelude.

Keep up the good work man. Projects aren't easy they can break a man lol, but one job at a time and taking a few breaks sure helps.
Thanks, will do my best! Only took delivery of the ek9 shell in March, but the project has moved pretty quickly considering so far it's only gone out to one person for work, everything else has been done at home (well in a mates garage) hope to post a few updates next week, should give a better idea of where it's going.

EG_H22

Post by EG_H22 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:52 pm

What h2b kit you gone for mate?

lucas
XBOX GamerTag: I Lucas L

Post by lucas » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:32 pm

Subscribed!

8-)

im doing the same thing to my ek3 engine bay as we speak, and already done my preludes engine bay.
So I can appreciate the amount of work you have put in already ;)

Well done and get more pics up ;)
engine etc etc

Asacei
Supporter 2014

Post by Asacei » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:44 pm

EG_H22 wrote:What h2b kit you gone for mate?
I've actually ended up with what seems to be the less popular Evolution kit (having spoken to Evolution I apparently have the lightweight Bisimoto signature edition....personally can't see any differences to their regular kit but there you go)

Apparently this kit puts the engine more 'normal' position but mounts it quite low - good for bonnet clearance, not so good for speed bump clearance. It also apparently means the driveshafts are under more strain due to the angles they run at. Seems to be compromises whichever ever kit you go for I ended up with this kit by chance rather than choice...Will see how it works out

Return to “Non-Lude Profiles”