Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

EK9 Type-H

Got a car that isn't a Lude? There's no condemnation here. Tell us about it!
Asacei
Supporter 2014
My Generation: 4G

Re: EK9 Type-H

Post by Asacei » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:56 pm

OK...I have held out as long as I can but changes to work mean the car has got to go. I just don't have the time to spend on it and cant go on forever borrowing cars when I need to trek round the country on business.

Car is basically as shown in this thread...although obviously slightly dirtier then when first put together.

A few little points to note, body work is rust free but paintwork is not fantastic in places.
Passenger electric window has stopped working, Drivers side window is very slow and occasionally needs assistance to close.
I have not got round to fixing/replacing the central locking that was missing when I got the shell.
Small oil leak from distributor
Its fairly noisy..not necessarily from the exhaust as such as I asked solid fabrications to keep it as quiet as possible while still being performance orientated....but more due to the engine mounts don't underestimate the difference the H2B urethane mounts make.
No power steering, great for feel and feedback when driving...not so much fun when parking.
The NS2 tires on the car are great in the dry...not so much in the wet.
It wasnt set up to run from cold, possibly just a problem with the IACV but its not something I was particularly bothered for so Rich at Performance autoworks just mapped it to run from warm. Never really caused me an issue as doesnt take long to warm up anyway.

I don't want to add up how much money went into building this car, to give you an idea the exhaust alone was £1200, I am absolutely sure I could make much more from it by selling in bits but don't have the time or space to do so.

Could do with a quick sale so all offers considered

Located just off Junction 11 on the M25

Thanks

Alex :(
Last edited by Asacei on Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

nitin_s1
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: N171N

Post by nitin_s1 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:02 pm

:( :( :(

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:00 pm

Fantastic build, worth every penny.

Sorry to hear you're having to sell, hope it goes to someone who will treasure it.

Asacei
Supporter 2014

Re: EK9 Type-H

Post by Asacei » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:25 pm

Sold :(

Gone to a good home

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:52 pm

Wow! Quick sale.
Feel bad for you, but if you got good money and gone to a good he, then hopefully it's OK.
Someone on the civic forum?

Return to “Non-Lude Profiles”