Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

''Fletch'' the 7.5ton Prison lorry camper conversion.

Got a car that isn't a Lude? There's no condemnation here. Tell us about it!
lewd lude lover
Supporter 2015
My Generation: 5G

Re: ''Fletch'' the 7.5ton Prison lorry camper conversion.

Post by lewd lude lover » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:21 pm

with all them money the seller put into it my job is easy. I reckon if I put another 1500 into it it will be good to go. He really did put the expensive legwork into it. Like £1700 worth of duel AGM batteries on a four stagecharger, full LPG system and 250w solar array. :shock:

With a winters work and 5k all told I reckon I'll have a decent livaboard. Looking into the licence this friday.

@john: that sounds frikin sweet mate though a grinder sounds pretty tough :o :o :o thats pretty much what the seller said. LOTS of sparks :lol: coz that steel is hardened...
If you open a photobucket.com account and upload your pics to that you can then get the image links to post the pics up on here.
07plate 10 cell, I can only dream :lol: we all gotta start somewhere though and it sounds like you have paid your dues so I will continue knowing that upgrades are available 8-) 8-) :D
6th gen Prelude please Mr Honda. RWD 2.4 turbo lude.

Johnt
My Generation: 4G

Post by Johnt » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:54 pm

I have Opened a photobucket account, but how do you link them to here, finished the out side today, apart from painting the back, it's to cold and my unit is too small to get it inside, still got two weeks left inside, have to remove all the old electrics, alredy put a new harness for the lights and 240v but have to sort out the air con,heating, split charge, solar panels, and all the wiring that goes to the cab for, fire warning, doors open , reverse parking camera, and loads of other stuff, when there decommissioned it their cut out the control panel so I han a cabnet full of cut wiring
John

Sailor
Supporter 2016
My Generation: 0G

Post by Sailor » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:02 am

Open photobucket in a window other than the LG window,
Go to one of your pictures,
Right click to 'view image' and get the jpg up, CTRL C
Click the Img button in the reply box within the LG thread
CTRL V paste the jpg address into the Img brackets
Check the reply preview
Submit
International Pensioner of Mystery

lewd lude lover
Supporter 2015

Post by lewd lude lover » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:11 am

Or when in your library you hover over any pic and you see a little cog in the top right. Hover over that and clich 'share links' then click the bottom one marked URL . it will automatically copy it.

Then just past it into the comment box here.

Much easier imho.

Mine came with all the electrics done thank god or it would end up a pile of slag bubbling on the tarmac :lol: :lol: being a 2007 i imagine it has quite a few other bits and bobs mine wouldnt have, like parking cameras etc. I'll be installing my own when I get time but thats on the horizon.

On a plus not I worked out that if I remove the diesel air heater system from under the rear left cubby hole I can install my 4.5k genny 8-) 8-) 8-) Tehere is even an access door for turning it on and off etc. frikkiing sweet.

Johnt

Post by Johnt » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:58 pm

I am keeping the diesel heating, using one to heat the main cabin, the other to heat the boot room, so we can dry our coats and boots off, was there not a split charge system in the lorry to start with, mine has 2 of the biggest battery I have ever seen running off a durite split charger and solar panels on the roof, I am fitting a 2500 watt inverter that also doubles as a 50 amp battery charger when hooked up to the mains, all lighting is LED, the TV/DVD in 12v powered by a step down, the fridge is gas or mains, the 12v would be using about 12amp to run through a step down i so left it off, full size cooker converted to LPG, 400lt on board water tank, 50lt wast tank connected to the main sink, I have panelled over the existing windows and fitter cassette windows, should be finished in two week then get it registered as a moterhome, I can drive it, it still classed as a PSV at the moment

John

lewd lude lover
Supporter 2015

Post by lewd lude lover » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:23 am

Sounds cracking mate. i am going to get a list up soon as I can get to grips with what the seller put in.

All the electrics are new so I have no idea what was in there before. I'm taking the diesel heater out as I dont know how to use it, dont know if its running and for sure dont intend to get it serviced. The genny in its place will be a good fallback when AC is not available, which given the hoped for plans will be bloody years :lol: :lol:

Sunny today so i was able to get another half liter of stonechip on the rivets on thre roof. Mad how many rivets you can put into a roof :lol: None are leaking...yet....so they all get three coats then rollered.

Johnt

Post by Johnt » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:25 pm

Hi mate a cant upload pics to save my life, send me your email address and I will post some to you
John

Return to “Non-Lude Profiles”