Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Clancy the Surf.

Got a car that isn't a Lude? There's no condemnation here. Tell us about it!
lewd lude lover
Supporter 2015
My Generation: 5G

Re: Clancy the Surf.

Post by lewd lude lover » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:23 pm

yes mate and the lift up tailgate as a rain cover.

I waited on ebay watching ''mocal oil cooler'' or just mocal. Thats the make you want to go for. Expensive to buy, second hand they come down well. Just keep watching mate. these came up and I got them off the guy first day of the bid for £85. Normally either the rad or the stat are 85. the fittings are also quite dear. I got a bargain for sure so keep an eye out.

I honestly didnt know it was as clean as it is when we went to look at it but afterpeicing the history together its as close to a fresh import as I'll ever come. When I think about what I could have got for the same money I am not bothered. I like the retro cars and i like a bit of rarety.

Does make it a prime theft for export vehicle though :cry: I'll be fitting something unusual and immobilising and a tracker on top of the laserline alarm thats in there right now.

Cheers merc. It seems a good way to protect the engine but it remains to be seen if the ATF will get up to temp with just the trans heating it. Part of the heatexchange was the other way as well. The rad water getting the ATF up to working temp nice and fast. At the moment after a jaunt up one mototway junction and back its only hitting 60c and it wants to be hitting 80 much faster, I think....

I might end up buying a new rad and putting this in series with the cooler in the rad. That way I can leach any exess heat out of the ATF before it hits the rad cooler. that will then make sure its back to working temp before it goes back into the trans box. Over cooling is sometimes just as bad as undercooling apparently. Makes sense.

I need to drive it a bit more and get a baseline. I'll update.
6th gen Prelude please Mr Honda. RWD 2.4 turbo lude.

bb1boy
My Generation: 4G
XBOX GamerTag: adam fantastic

Post by bb1boy » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:13 pm

Nice one James, that looks sweet. A mate of mine had one and it was great, roads were merely an option..

lewd lude lover
Supporter 2015

Post by lewd lude lover » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:55 pm

Thats on the cards :lol:

mart609
LotM Winner
My Generation: 4G
XBOX GamerTag: mart609
PSN GamerTag: mart609

Post by mart609 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:27 pm

Love this 8-)

lewd lude lover
Supporter 2015

Post by lewd lude lover » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:39 pm

:D Thanks mate. She is a nice drive for sure. A different beasty to anything I have had before. Did my first towing today. All good ;)

Return to “Non-Lude Profiles”