Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Farlow's CR-Z GT

Got a car that isn't a Lude? There's no condemnation here. Tell us about it!
Rudelude
My Generation: 5G

Post by Rudelude » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:03 pm

farlow wrote:
Rudelude wrote:
farlow wrote:
RattyMcClelland wrote:Nice. I'll be honest. That spoiler looks like an afterthought.
It does look a little out of place without the rest of the mugen kit. I was in two minds as to weather I was gonna bother with it but the car came with it fitted so I wasn't gonna complain.
You may as well get the rest of the kit too... ;)
I've always liked these, esp in white....

But have heard mixed reviews about its drive, and lack of ability to overtake on motorways...
Could you kindly give us some thoughts once sufficiently road tested.....

And are the back seats any good, for someone with little children?
I'm pretty chuffed with it to be honest. It probably won't win any races but the drive feels quite sporty, It has a fairly low driving position, it's quite stiff and grips well through the twisty stuff. The 6 speed manual box is a pleasure and when in sport mode it pulls through the gears nicely. I know what you mean on the motorways but it's fine if you drop a gear.

I find Eco mode tedious so spend most of my time in normal mode (it reverts back to this when turned off anyway) but that way I still get fairly decent fuel economy whilst still enjoy driving it.

As for kids in the back I guess it depends on how little and also how tall you are. Claire and I are both around 6' although Claire sits further back than I do. For us the back seats would be useless to anyone with legs, the front seat almost touches the rear bench. It similar to my crx to be honest, much worse than a Lude.
I appreciate the thoughts.....sounds like a fun and economical + quirky car..
1997 Type S, Pearl White
Rust Free & Mugen Goodness

Return to “Non-Lude Profiles”