Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Adjustable Drop Links.

Got a car that isn't a Lude? There's no condemnation here. Tell us about it!
sol-lude
My Generation: 4G
PSN GamerTag: Lude_666

Adjustable Drop Links.

Post by sol-lude » Wed May 18, 2016 12:42 pm

Good afternoon all

not sure if this is in the right place let me know if its not.

The other half had a Seat Leon FR 2006 nice wee motor - over a year ago her ex partner put on coilovers and they sit well no issues here. I am coming to you with a question as i know you are all well versed in the car scene and well i trust you all... ;)

I had the wheels off and noticed that the drop links (standard 335mm) are well for lack of a better word buggered.

My thoughts on this are well they are huge anyway but realistically should have been changed to adjustable ones.

Does anyone have any experience with Adjustable Drop Links i.e. how reliable are they and would they advise that adjustable's should be used?

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner
My Generation: 0G

Post by NafemanNathan » Wed May 18, 2016 12:58 pm

Could have still gone in the "Chassis / Brakes / Steering / Wheels" forum, but maybe included Seat Leon in the title. Although you'll get more views if you leave that part out ;)

I didn't know there was such a thing as an adjustable droplink. Not really sure what you'd achieve by shortening/lengthening the droplink. You'd have to ensure they were equal on both sides, unless you were destined to only turn in one direction ;) but the ARB is always going to perform in the same manor no matter how long a droplink is (within reason).

The only way to change the performance of an ARB as far as the droplinks are concerned is how close to the ARB bush centreline the droplinks connect. The closer to the centreline the stiffer the suspension will be. Like this one for example...

That's my thinking anyway. As said, I've never come across adjustable droplinks before :)

sol-lude
My Generation: 4G
PSN GamerTag: Lude_666

Re: Adjustable Drop Links.

Post by sol-lude » Wed May 18, 2016 1:03 pm

the drop link is now under a lot of strain now as the ball joints will both be bent inward all the time with the suspension being lower...more i suppose of a maintenance thing than a performance thing.

Return to “Non-Lude Profiles”