Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Fk8 CTR GT

Got a car that isn't a Lude? There's no condemnation here. Tell us about it!
4thgenphil
Supporter 2016
My Generation: 4G

Fk8 CTR GT

Post by 4thgenphil » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:39 pm

So I've been looking at new cars a fair bit later as I'm no longer paying a mortgage so got a bit of spare cash each month.
I wanted some thing a bit sporty and reasonably priced. I test drove a gt86, fiat 124, abarth 124 and a Hyundai i30n. I looked at the focus RS, dismissed it because, well, ford. Looked at the 370z, no one seem interested in selling me one so gave up after 3 tries and even considered the mx5 rt but I couldn't fit in it.
On my way back from test driving the hyndai (whic was really really good in all honesty, just felt a little cheap for the money) I thought I'd have a look at the CTR, I was against having yet another Honda but saw it and fell in love a little. Not a boring German car which I have been really reluctant to go towards. Test drove it and it felt 10 years newer than the rest of the field.
So long and short I ended up with the demonstrator with under 4k on her for a £5.5k saving plus they continued the 5 year service plan.Image

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
:thumbdown:

toadster
My Generation: 5G

Post by toadster » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:45 pm

LO Matey :D
You lucky so and so :mrgreen:
I really love the look of the new Type R 8-) sooo much nicer than the previous two versions.
I'm a teeny bit jealous OK I'm a bit more jealous than that :lol:
Great colour too :mrgreen:
Cheers for posting ;)
Toadster

4thgenphil
Supporter 2016

Re: Fk8 CTR GT

Post by 4thgenphil » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:48 pm

Well a quick run down of the last few weeks ive had it my view on it.
It's absolutely fecking awesome, it does everything I need. It's fast, like really fast and not just on a straight line, it corners like nothing I've driven on road tyres and they are sport contact 6s, not pilot sports or such the like.
It stops, it takes some getting used to how good the brakes are, more the feel you get from them than saw stopping power.
One inside the seats are the typical if updates recaro style seats we have come to expect in a type r. The steering wheel and gear stick are lovely and where you'd expect them. The electronic hand brake gets some getting used to but is actually a nice feature.

4thgenphil
Supporter 2016

Post by 4thgenphil » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:54 pm

It's got an epic boot, loads of leg room in the back and plenty of cup holders!!!!
The multi media system is ok, takes some getting used to and I would say I the bit I least like about the car.
Inside it has the usual USB connection as well as HDMI for some reason. Along with the blue tooth it has a workers charger built in so you can just sling you phone on the pad and it does it's work.

4thgenphil
Supporter 2016

Post by 4thgenphil » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:58 pm

For ease of driving it has active cruise control, fully auto light (dips full beams when a cars coming the other way and puts them on again after), some lane thing which steers the car back into lane if you wander, not a fan so I've turned it off.
Also keyless entry and start, front and rear parking sensors and rear camera with side ways collision alert for when yours reversing out of a space. Also blind spot alert.

sol-lude
PSN GamerTag: Lude_666

Post by sol-lude » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:16 pm

This sounds like an absolute beast, I have only just seen the original post however I would love one if I could afford it (not mortgage free :lol: )
I loved the look of these from day dot, cant understand why folk don't like the look of them. Sharp different and for a hatchback in its own league.
Good to get an idea from a true Honda enthusiast and not some ageing, American car show host, funded by UK TV license, has-been comedian, Clarkson wannabe.
Glad you are enjoying it. Ive heard bad things of Toyota's auto dipping headlights however I hope Honda's performs as it should. :twisted: :twisted:

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner
My Generation: 0G

Post by NafemanNathan » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:44 pm

4thgenphil wrote:It's got an epic boot, loads of leg room
:lol:

Archie Roku
Supporter 2016
XBOX GamerTag: Archie Roku

Post by Archie Roku » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:58 pm

That is awesome pal, I'm well chuffed for ya. I'm not a fan of most new style cars but the new CTR has really caught my eye.
Love the colour too, never seen that before. But more importantly we need more pics dude 8-)

Merlin
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: Merlinbadman

Post by Merlin » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:10 pm

It looks great. I like to get my missus one when we replace her Civic.
BA8......... BB4......... BB8.........The JDM Muscle Bus

Drax

Post by Drax » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:21 pm

great handling, power, drive, interior.
exterior though... :puke:
but that's just me :)
2.2 JDM DOHC SI-VTEC LSD TCS 4WS ABS BB1 MANUAL 1992
FOR PAUL

Return to “Non-Lude Profiles”