Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Elle - the Legend

Got a car that isn't a Lude? There's no condemnation here. Tell us about it!
wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?
My Generation: 4G

Post by wurlycorner » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:20 am

indigolemon wrote:
wurlycorner wrote:It comes to something when even admin don't post pics properly on here :lol:
Complicates things when you're posting from an Amiga! :lol:
Well impressive 8-)
Tell me more of this posting from a miggie...
What model and what on earth browser do you have, running on what version of workbench?

indigolemon
The Chaos Engine
PSN GamerTag: M149YSL

Re: Elle - the Legend

Post by indigolemon » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:34 am

Mainly this one :D Boring Amiga Specs ahead ....

Amiga 1200, moved into a Power Tower
Blizzard 1260 accelerator (68060 @ 50Mhz) with 128MB Ram
Indivision AGA Mk2CR (Allows the amiga screen modes to show on an LCD monitor)
Mediator PCI busboard with:
- Radeon 9250 128MB Graphics card (96MB added to system pool)
- USB 2.0 5 port card
- FastEthernet Card
- Sound Blaster 128

All this running on AmigaOS 3.9, with many updates and clever patches installed - and using iBrowse 2.4 as the browser :)
'On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.' - Charles Babbage

Scott560
My Generation: 5G

Post by Scott560 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:12 pm

Bloody hell - and i thought i was a die hard amiga fan many moons ago when i was still using mine on the net via a Miami demo and 56k modem (had to use a PC to patch it to v90 lol).

Mine was also a 1200 power tower conversion, power flyer IDE thingy, 2x hd and 2x cd , only 040@40 with FPU with 16 or 32mb, os3.5 (bought the 3.1 roms). My case also had a custom paint job (originally the power towers were beige). I tried to replicate the amiga manual square block pattern.

Sadly, the rise of the PC and the cheapness of its components spelled the end of it :( sold it to someone on IRC in the end for a fraction of what it cost me. The death of CU Amiga didn't help either.

Understand now you can get FPGA dev boards that literally are 68k chips with the chipset running much faster than the originals ever did, so authentic experience with backwards compatibility, but newer and faster hardware. Never saw the point in the PPC stuff (and the blizzard boards were so expensive!). I stopped tracking the scene once it never seemed the OS would live on new hardware, and i could never get my 1200 board stable, even trying to the 1D4 board mods...
'00 UKDM 2.2VTI H22a8
'21 'e' Advance

Vtecmec
LotM Winner
XBOX GamerTag: vtecmec

Post by Vtecmec » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:29 pm

Do you still play kick off 2?

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:58 pm

Ah...
So basically not using the Amiga Sound or Graphics at all - or the proper Commodore OS!

:roll: and you call that a miggie... :suicide:

indigolemon
The Chaos Engine

Post by indigolemon » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:39 pm

Scott560 That's a common tale indeed, I got lucky in that I stuck mine up the loft - and only dug it out about two years ago (then went a bit mad ...). I have a PPC Amiga too, a MicroA1 running AmigaOS4.1 Final Edition. It's actually really nice to use tbh, but yeah - fully aware it's a hobby OS now!

Vtecmec No, mainly SWOS, with a bit of Frontier and Settlers thrown in. Also just bought a brand new Amiga game called Worthy that's just been released :)

wurlycorner I'm still using the original hardware for any games etc, the graphics card is purely to make apps more useable, and the sound card is basically just acting a mixer for the Amiga and CD Audio. AmigaOS 3.9 was the very last official update for the Classic Amiga line - see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AmigaOS#AmigaOS_3.5,_3.9
'On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.' - Charles Babbage

indigolemon
The Chaos Engine

She's back

Post by indigolemon » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:44 am

So I picked the car up yesterday from the bodyshop, and have had a stupid grin on my face ever since I reckon. Front bumper removed, repaired, repainted, and grille and number plate holder from the donor added.

My mechanic Craig said when he offered the parts up from the donor (replacing the mounts for the ATF cooler, and the cooler itself) all bolt holes were bang on, so he's now even more confident it was just the minor shunt we always thought it was. This makes me even more annoyed the assessor wrote the car off with 'structural damage' :evil:

Also took the opportunity to get the rubber strips in the rear arches gone, and the little blisters that were just starting to appear have been dealt with too :)

And so we're back to normality once more. Just need to avoid any BMWs while driving on the motorway in future :lol:

Vtecmec
LotM Winner
XBOX GamerTag: vtecmec

Post by Vtecmec » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:57 am

Very nice. 8-)

Are you keeping the other car as a spares donor?

indigolemon
The Chaos Engine

Post by indigolemon » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:16 am

I am, intending to harvest as much as I can from it over the next while. Might sell some bits, as if I can make some cash back on the donor that would be great :D

sol-lude
PSN GamerTag: Lude_666

Post by sol-lude » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:43 am

awesome bloody insurance assessors at least the damage was minor mate really happy with the outcome although not fully ideal as the car is classed as a write off.

None the less she looks good.

Return to “Non-Lude Profiles”