Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Mika the JDM 2016 Honda S660 - Build starts on page 2

Got a car that isn't a Lude? There's no condemnation here. Tell us about it!
tom023
Supporter 2016
My Generation: 5G

Re: Mika the JDM 2016 Honda S660

Post by tom023 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:49 pm

RattyMcClelland wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:43 pm
tom023 wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:48 pm

Make sure you store the spare set out of the cold and damp or they will go off before you get to use them!
Wifish has her D&G shoes stored in the house. I have my Yokohama shoes stored in the house. Win win. She's doesn't see it that way.
Excellent! You could always propose they be used as a base for the coffee table :lol:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q ... 9772929417

RattyMcClelland
PSN GamerTag: RattyMcClelland

Re: Mika the JDM 2016 Honda S660 - Build starts on page 2

Post by RattyMcClelland » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:14 pm

So whilst the S60 was on its was from Japan i went shopping for Honda Access parts and tyres.

So i got Gavin Wan at K-Takayama JDM imports on facebook to import me some parts. Excellent chap, thoroughly helpfull and excellent prices. Ill be using him for eveything in the future.

So we have a set of stock Yokohama AD08R 165/55/15 fronts and 195/45/16 rears. These cannot be bought from anywhere in europe or even yokohama UK themselves. Japan only, so a spare set was needed.

- Option Bordeaux red roof P/N 08P57-TDJ-010
- Spare front P/N 75701-TDJ-003, rear P/N 75700-TDJ-003 and S660 P/N 75722-TDJ-003 badge set
- S660.com OBD2 plug in module and harness (autolocks when pull away and stops the hazard lights flashing on hard braking)

- Floor mats. They do a few different ones but these are the most plush adn expensive ones P/N 08P15-TDJ-020A
- Half body car cover to protect the windows and roof in the cold weather. P/N 08P39-TDJ-000

- Sky Sound system. This system follows suit of the old Honda Beat sound system. The beat sky sound has door speakers and dash mounted speakers. The dash speakers were mounted to the Left side had left/right audio for the passenger and the right side has left/right audio for the driver as well as left/right audio from the doors. The S660 sky sound made by Gathers Alpine upgrades the door speakers to a more powerfull bass driver, adds A-Pillar tweeters and then rear headrest speakers that have left/right audio for each seat.

- LED illuminated side step garnishes P/N 08E12-TDJ-000
- Arm/leg rest cushions P/N 08R31-PB1-010
- Handbrake condom, other colours available but i choose grey stitch to match seats etc P/N 08F58-TDJ-020

- S660.com 2cm lower seat rails. Its a Kei car so i might need for headroom.

- Door card covers in grey. Honda do red and dark brown also but i choose grey because the steering wheel/seats are grey stitch as standard P/N 08Z03-TDJ-020B

Finally when the car arrived in the UK and cleared customs i headed down to torque GT to take a look. Considering i have never seen one i was anxious to see what its like. I took the red roof down with me to and size comparison against me van.

norks27
Supporter 2016

Post by norks27 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:24 pm

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?
My Generation: 4G

Post by wurlycorner » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:21 pm

NafemanNathan wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:21 pm
toadster wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:08 pm
Lo :D
Underside is so clean I can't believe it's been driven :shock:
Cheers ;)
Toadster
That's because it's only been driven on the cleanest roads!...

That is an epic looking scalextric build!

wurlycorner

Post by wurlycorner » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:24 pm

RattyMcClelland wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:14 pm

So we have a set of stock Yokohama AD08R 165/55/15 fronts and 195/45/16 rears. These cannot be bought from anywhere in europe or even yokohama UK themselves. Japan only, so a spare set was needed.
:jdm: :ugeek:

Such a lovely collection of toys 8)

Gathers FTW!

RattyMcClelland

Post by RattyMcClelland » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:49 pm

When i picked it up from Torque GT. Ill await TorqueGTs professional photos.
[url=https://flic.kr/p/2cQHJDk]Image

So fitting the optional Parts.

Tricky as eveything is in Japanese. But all the wiring and templates are there.

Before, Not so attractive seat covers and Mugen mats.

After - Mats installed and seat covers remove to reveal alcantara/leather goodness.

Before

After - These just stick over the top with double sided tape.

Before

After- Elbow cushion goodness

Before

After - Leg/knee cushion goodness.

Some JDM service history

Torque GTs foglight

Size comparison between a "SMALL" car and an Kei car.

RattyMcClelland

Post by RattyMcClelland » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:57 pm

Gave the black plastic engine cover a pHresh look. Letters masked, plastic primed, black textured paint, white base, darker variant of Milano Pink then 2k matt lacquer.

toadster

Post by toadster » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:40 am

I HATE you :x
Only because I'm sooo jealous :lol:
It's looking so 8)
Cheers for posting your updates :clap:
Toadster

RattyMcClelland

Post by RattyMcClelland » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:56 pm

Illuminated door sills.
Using the guides provided by Honda you cut out the template and lay it on the trim and start cutting. Dremel FTW.

Art Attack. Should loook a little something like this. The illuminated parts mount inside there with the double sided tape to seat and screws to secure.

And finished.

Like most modern cars they already have the optional extra added wiring in place under the dash, so its almost plug and play. Just one power wire that needs cutting into the fuse box. All labelled. Minkara (japanese review/how to/diy website) helped alot.

Next up. Sky Sound System

Starting with the rear headrest speakers. Unclip the rear bulkhead trim. Simple 3 upper plastic rivets and the trim pops out with the other typical honda pop clips.
Cut out the cutting templates and stick in the appropriate place. This wasnt clear what went where but Minkara to the rescue. i copied from another person.

Once holes drilled and lines cut. You should have something that looks like this.

Then the rear speakers mount into their holes etc etc. Really can only be installed one way and same with the wiring. Aluminum tape/screws and cable ties all provided by Honda. The speaker cable goes from the back of the radio down the driver side sills and up the back bulk head so i did this at the same time as the side sills. The hard part is wiring into the back of the headunit. Getting to the headunit requires the glove box and side trims removin g as well as most of the centre console and screen just to pull the headuniut to the left an inch to pull the wiring loom out. Then its just a case of putting the 4 colour coded wires into the loom. All factory fit clip in. No cutting or rewiring. No pictures of this.

Onto the front speakers.
The front speakers adds pillar mounted tweeters and uprated mids to separate the highs and lows and thus needs added speaker cabling to crossover the frequencies. Luckily this is literally plug and play. The new look wires inbetween these plugs like so and the tweeter wiring goes up to the pillar.

Door midbass speakers. Door card off. Pretty simple. Old stock speakers on the left and the new Gathers speaker on the right. New mount in the centre

I added to reticulated foam to the inside of the speaker magnet to protect from water and its acoustically transparent. Added some sound deadening to the door too behind and infront.

The tweeters sit in their trims and just replace the existing panel. However the fit and finish is appauling. It wont go tighter.

Then all thats left is to go into the screen menu and forward fade the speakers so the fronts play most of the audio and the rears add ambience.
How does it sound? Actually really amazing. Once the speakers have ran in the midbass really comes into its own and now you can actually head the music over the wind and road noise. Very clear and loud, undestorted. I usually go aftermarket with audio and im glad i went OEM plus. Can wait to see how it sounds with the roof off. Having the rear speakers so close you your ears isnt how i though it lmight sound. Really adds stereo ambiance.

Next up Undersealing and Liberty Walk kit painting and fitting.

wurlycorner

Post by wurlycorner » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:09 pm

Impressive amount of toys and goodness in a short period of time.
The engine cover looks great 8)
As you say, the fit of those A pillar trims is awful! :o
Surely a dealer wouldn't get away with giving a car to a customer like that???

Is there anything you can do with the old ones instead? (I assume they fitted better)

Return to “Non-Lude Profiles”