Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Lude Replacement

Got a car that isn't a Lude? There's no condemnation here. Tell us about it!
Lovedoctor
My Generation: 5G

Lude Replacement

Post by Lovedoctor » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:28 pm

Due to rising Public Transport costs together with an increase in lateness/cancellation of services :facepalm: I decided it was time to move on the Lude. My wife was driving our Civic 2.2 ctdi silly low miles per week and i was sticking 250 miles per week on the Lude if I chose to take it to work it wasnt making much sense we agreed that I take the Civic and we get her something suitable, safe and a good enough size to do the school run and transport the dog.

Try as i might to introduce her to 4wd estates etc she stuck to her guns and demanded a 4x4!

So here she is
Image\

Bought my Xy last Saturday from outside Stoke on Trent - a wee jaunt of 550mile round trip. Car is a 53 plate with 97k on the clock and usual SVE refinements (heated leather, leccy sunroof, mirrors,6CD autochanger) - just had a new clutch and recent full service which made the car a good proposition.

Seller was a bit over enthusiastic about the condition - while the arches were clean it had a few scrapes and pushes on the bumpers/bodywork and there was only one key! Both bumpers were sitting slightly askew and there are small leather pieces off the inside of the front seats by the central arm rest.

That said the car drove sweet - mechanically excellent and clean underneath. Managed to knock the seller down another couple of hundred and headed North happy in the knowledge I got a good deal. Having enjoyed learning/working on my Prelude I see this as a new project!

Only the one photo at the moment I'm afraid. She has a full Nissan Chrome pack and privacy windows making her look Gangsta :whistle: :lol: and stand out a wee bit from the crowd.

Worked on her over the weekend. Have now taken off and refitted both bumpers so they are once again straight, touched up paint chips around the doors, fitted HAWK reverse sensors, new Vibe Slick 6 speakers in all doors and new Bosch wipers all round. This weekend i plan to give her a full interior and exterior (using a rotor polisher for the first time :o ) valet and polish to make her as good as possible.

Future Upgrades on the cards:
- remove Clarion tape player and CD auto changer. Fit double din DVD player. Fit cheap amp I have lying around to front speakers.
- remove Nokia 6320i phone cradle and wiring.
- oil and filter change
- fit Team Heko's
- fit boot mat (plastic easy clean boot - pity the dog cant get any traction and skites all over the place :roll:

Thanks for looking
Last edited by Lovedoctor on Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

lewd lude lover
Supporter 2015

Post by lewd lude lover » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:29 pm

pics?
6th gen Prelude please Mr Honda. RWD 2.4 turbo lude.

Lovedoctor

Re: Lude Replacement

Post by Lovedoctor » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:52 pm

Sorry Lewd. Fighting with the new iOS7 - taking me a wee while. I will get more pics up this weekend when it gets the full treatment :lol:

Return to “Non-Lude Profiles”