Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Dexter - '86 AeroDeck

Got a car that isn't a Lude? There's no condemnation here. Tell us about it!
Monzta
My Generation: 3G

Dexter - '86 AeroDeck

Post by Monzta » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:46 pm

I'd wanted an AeroDeck since I first saw photos in car magazines in the mid eighties.

About a year or so ago I stumbled across one on eBay that reawakened my need for a 'Deck. It was an '86 EXi with a manual 'box. I bid on it but got pipped by a just a tenner. Doh! :roll:

I watched every one that came up after that, EXs, EXis, manuals, autos, tidy ones and rot boxes. But what I really wanted was an honest EXi with a manual tranny.

I was watching eBay, Pistonheads, RR, Gumtree, you name it. I trawled all the forums and one day on an obscure (an now defunct) Accord forum I stumbled across the 1986 one I originally got pipped to last year. It was now living only about an hour away in the next county. I got chatting with the owner by email and said that if I found one we'd get together for a pub meet.

Fast forward a few months to April this year and up pops an interesting silver AeroDeck on ebay. Low and behold, it was the same one that started all this palaver off. The guy on the forum was selling it but had lost my email address to let me know. I contacted him and went over to take a look.

It was very rusty around the arches, under the rear bumper, around the fuel filler and rear lights. But it had only 76,000 miles, full service history and was mechanically in very good order bar a few issues (slight misfire, long clutch and ABS light on).

He'd just put an MOT on it, done the cambelt, serviced it and replaced both rear calipers and brake hoses. We agreed on £625 which I think was possibly a bit on the high side but I really felt drawn to this particular car ... somehow I was destined to own it.

I gave him a deposit then scrounged a lift off my mate a few days later to collect it.

He was soon christened 'Dexter' and took his place outside the house with 'Twink' my '91 Civic and 'Audrey' my wife's Nissan Figaro.

This is Dexter as he was then ... totally original in every respect even down to the Honda stereo.

Last edited by Monzta on Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1989 Honda Accord Aerodeck EXi (33k miles)
CLICK ON THE BADGE FOR DEXTER'S FACEBOOK FANPAGE Image

mercutio
LotM Winner
My Generation: 5G

Post by mercutio » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:17 am

where are all the decks coming from :lol: don't they like you lot on the civic or accord forums :lol: do they think your ruining there image so go play over there with the preludes :lol: :lol: looks tidy though buddy 8-)
bristol_bb4 wrote:ahhh a 5th gen, i love 5th gens :D :lol:
Dino wrote:I loves the 5th gen really.... just dont quote me on it... ;)
4thgenphil wrote:Mines 4 1/4 unches mate, sorry

http://www.ludegeneration.co.uk/profile ... -t618.html

Donald
Supporter 2015
My Generation: 0G

Post by Donald » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:57 am

:lol: Is it possible there is another black sheep of the Honda family?

More pictures :D

Lude-dude
XBOX GamerTag: Vtec Junky
PSN GamerTag: Rob7niner

Post by Lude-dude » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:58 am

its ok.. us prelude's will have you :hug:

to be honest I love anything with flip up lights :D

H22a5 UKDM 2.2 VTI 244Bhp 180lbs/ft Crower stage 2
http://www.ludegeneration.co.uk/profile ... t3211.html

Flashman
XBOX GamerTag: Eternal Shard

Post by Flashman » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:34 am

Lude-dude wrote:its ok.. us prelude's will have you :hug:

to be honest I love anything with flip up lights :D
Yea these aerodecks are really rare and its nice to see more black sheep. :D

Monzta

Re: Dexter - my AeroDeck destiny

Post by Monzta » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:00 am

To be fair my Decks' been on here for a while, I've just been lurking behind the wallpaper up until now mainly just learning stuff from the technical forums and posting the odd 'Wanted' ad.

The AeroDeck is a strange one. Though an Accord it's always seemed a bit of a halfway house to me between the Accord and the Prelude with those poppy-uppy headlamps.

More photos on the way ... warts and all. I'll add them in the correct order as the months progressed from when I bought it.

RattyMcClelland
PSN GamerTag: RattyMcClelland

Post by RattyMcClelland » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:01 am

Crazy_C

Post by Crazy_C » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:52 pm

Woohooo!!! Another 'deck!! :D

There's now 3 manual 'decks on here, and I have a feeling that's most of the manuals left in the UK :lol:

By any chance did I meet you at a South Mimms meet, earlier this year or last year? I was chatting to someone from Dorset way who bought an '86 manual, so I guess it must be you. I was the long haired, bearded, tattood, cigarette smoking guy standing next to an Aerodeck :lol:

mercutio wrote:where are all the decks coming from :lol: don't they like you lot on the civic or accord forums :lol: do they think your ruining there image so go play over there with the preludes :lol: :lol: looks tidy though buddy 8-)
Merc, it's cos the 3rd gen Accord Aerodeck is more closely related to the 2nd gen Prelude than the 3rd gen Accord it's named after.
4thgenphil wrote:you're odd and that made me crap myself!
RattyMcClelland wrote:Dom with a fag in his mouth. A rare sight. :lol:
nitin_s1 wrote:I am Nitin, motha fucka!
mart609 wrote:It wasn't a good look standing around stratching my nuts every 5 minutes. Never again :lol:

Monzta

Re: Dexter - my CA5 AeroDeck

Post by Monzta » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:59 pm

Crazy_C wrote:Woohooo!!! Another 'deck!! :D

There's now 3 manual 'decks on here, and I have a feeling that's most of the manuals left in the UK :lol:

By any chance did I meet you at a South Mimms meet, earlier this year or last year? I was chatting to someone from Dorset way who bought an '86 manual, so I guess it must be you. I was the long haired, bearded, tattood, cigarette smoking guy standing next to an Aerodeck :lol:
There was a white '87 manual one on eBay this week ... so that's four so far.

Not me, that was Sam from Somerset who I bought the car from. He said he'd met you and @NafemanNathan there.

Crazy_C

Post by Crazy_C » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:41 am

I know of 8 manual ones in the UK. The 3 that are on here now, the one from eBay, 1 in London, 2 in Scotland and 1 I saw on eBay about 6 months ago that I don't know the owner of.
4thgenphil wrote:you're odd and that made me crap myself!
RattyMcClelland wrote:Dom with a fag in his mouth. A rare sight. :lol:
nitin_s1 wrote:I am Nitin, motha fucka!
mart609 wrote:It wasn't a good look standing around stratching my nuts every 5 minutes. Never again :lol:

Return to “Non-Lude Profiles”