Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

android tablets

As much of the Lude knowledge we have in one handy place
indigolemon
The Chaos Engine
My Generation: 4G
PSN GamerTag: M149YSL

Post by indigolemon » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:23 am

Ultrapixel - just been reading about it: http://www.trustedreviews.com/htc-one-m ... ity_Page-7

So far (phones):
Nexus One - HTC
Nexus S - Samsung
Galaxy Nexus - Samsung
Nexus 4 - LG
Nexus 5 - LG
'On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.' - Charles Babbage

bb1boy
XBOX GamerTag: adam fantastic

Post by bb1boy » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:01 am

Do you recommend having your Android phone rooted then @Donald? Or is it something to do only after your warranty has expired?

Donald
Supporter 2015
My Generation: 0G

Post by Donald » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:25 am

Honestly - probably not if you're a regular user. I only did to regain some space (I got one of the last Nexus 4s and there were only 8GB versions available). Got fed up with tons of Google crap I don't use taking up space. Few trick bits here and there and also some of the KitKat features were Nexus 5 only. I'm sure there are other things I use that I don't realise you can't on regular Android though.

I did mine well within my warranty period :lol:

bb1boy
XBOX GamerTag: adam fantastic

Post by bb1boy » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:53 am

haha brave man! I've heard horror stories of people bricking their phones by failing to root them properly. I was gonna try it on my old HTC One X ..but I gave it to my little boy to play with instead :lol:

bennyboy
Art Mechanic
PSN GamerTag: OCbennyboy

Post by bennyboy » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:04 pm

I use to root and flash my Samsung Galaxy a lot to get the extra life out of it. Sammy don't make it as easy as some though, the nexus devices are much simpler I think. That said, I managed to get a 16gb Nexus 4 when the 5's came out and it rocks. Haven't felt the need to fiddle with it at all, everything is a slick as the day I got it and it has had the OTA updates. Nice n simple. 8-)
UKDM BB1 H22A8 NH561P 244bhp 173lbft

'Nigella'

www.benaskem.co.uk

Return to “Guides / How to's / Tech Section”