Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

3rd gen radiator specification

As much of the Lude knowledge we have in one handy place
prelude91
My Generation: 0G

3rd gen radiator specification

Post by prelude91 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:50 pm

Hi Guys. Wondered if anyone can help. I have a 1991 4WS EX 2.0l B20 A7 Auto.
I recently have had to source a new radiator as I broke the top coolant exit pipe. My local autofactor ordered a new replacement from Nissens part no. 63341. However, the automatic fluid pipe at the bottom left was too long and obstructed the engine cross member. Despite his efforts on my behalf, he could not find anyone to either adapt the new item supplied or to use parts from my old rad to make good. It was returned for credit this last week. Nissens claim that this is the correct replacement for my model, despite it not being correct, and another Nissen supplier in London confirms the same fact. Do any of you guys know the correct part no. for my model or a reliable source to purchase a new/ good secondhand replacement. I have the original part no. supplied to me by Honda locally, but it is now obsolete. The re-manufactured Nissen item has a male thread coming out from the rad core at bottom left, with a female tube to attach to the a.t.f. pipe. The O.E. has the fluid pipe coming out directly from the rad body attatched by a male thread, hence the lack of clearance on the Nissen replacement item. I have found on google other individuals with the same issue, but no indication of the correct item. Many thanks in advance.

CrunchyAdams82
My Generation: 4G

Post by CrunchyAdams82 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:41 pm

Maybe one of these is different?

http://www.aaronradiator.co.uk/products ... 7-709.html

http://www.northernradiators.co.uk/index:search.html

http://www.adrad.co.uk/car-radiator/cat ... engine=EXI

Edit: Sorry, eBay one was the same part number as you mentioned. So replaced link with another one. Different again I think. Hopefully one of them looks like the right one for you. :roll:
Last edited by CrunchyAdams82 on Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Profile Thread
Andy's Si VTEC BB4
K30DPC wrote:If you wanna go there is nothing to stop you. ONE LIFE LIVE IT

CrunchyAdams82
My Generation: 4G

Post by CrunchyAdams82 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:01 pm

Oh yeah, and you're only 9 mins away from me. I'm in Sholing! :)

There's a few other Luders round this way too. ;)
Profile Thread
Andy's Si VTEC BB4
K30DPC wrote:If you wanna go there is nothing to stop you. ONE LIFE LIVE IT

prelude91

Post by prelude91 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:58 pm

Hi Crunchy thanks for the edit, I'm hoping some suppliers may be able to correctly cross ref their part nos. with the Honda O.E. code that Robert at hendy Honda gave me, i'll follow all three up tomorrow. Sholing, eh, not too far, you're always willing to pop in if you like, I don't get out much with the 'lude off the road, unless the weather is good enough for my motorcycles.

prelude91

Post by prelude91 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:42 pm

yahoo, ordered an NRF rad for my B20A7 on Wednesday from Coolex ,Notts and it arrived today, its correct, and now fitted, if any of you need the same item, pls contact me for correct part code, it was delivered with distinction by dpd

Return to “Guides / How to's / Tech Section”