Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Macky's Type-S : for sale £1000 (p17)

Tell us about your old honda preludes that you used to own.
nitin_s1
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: N171N

Post by nitin_s1 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:46 pm

I love the JDM folding mirrors. Sooo cool. :D :D :D

macky_6

Re: Macky's Type-S : Folding Mirrors :D

Post by macky_6 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:15 pm

Thanks all :D

macky_6

Re: Macky's Type-S : new exhaust, part 1

Post by macky_6 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:48 pm

Finally getting around to posting some pics of my new exhaust :twisted:

The work was carried out by Meercat Exhausts in Kilbirnie, Ayrshire. Famous for making the exhausts for Colin McCrae's private cars, so good enough for me :lol: The blokes there were really helpful and friendly 8-)

It is a 2.5 inch system. It runs from the downpipe to the back. It has been de-catted and an extra silencer where the decat was keeps the noise down. I requested this as at the time of fitting I was doing 70 miles a day and couldn't face it being overly loud. My new job means I can get the second silencer replaced with a straight pipe if I wish, as I won't be doing anywhere near the mileage :twisted:

I had to do a 50 mile run-in as the guys said I could blow the baffles if I used too many revs. I also was told to expect the noise to change over the course of a couple of weeks until it settled down.

I was a bit disappointed with the noise at first but sure enough, now that it has been run in, it sounds fantastic. Really deep and growling compared to my old Kakimoto and it has a strange whistle in VTEC, almost like a turbo :twisted:

Really happy with the results! You may have noticed that this says "part 1"? Well, as predicted, they had a bit of trouble removing my stock manifold, and ran out of time to geet my Tanabe manifold and custom downpipe fitted. The bolts have now been freed up and I just need to get in contact with them once I have the funds to get this completed.

Posted up a wee vid on the LG Facebook page as Photobucket is being an arse :evil:

:D

Merlin
PSN GamerTag: Merlinbadman

Post by Merlin » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:51 pm

Awesome! It looks good.
BA8......... BB4......... BB8.........The JDM Muscle Bus

honda-hardy
Club Cartographer

Post by honda-hardy » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:51 pm

Loving the look, very nice.

BMCC

Post by BMCC » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:08 am

Keep the box in rather than putting a pipe for the decat in as from what I have been reading you will not make any more power. GMC motorsport is where I read about this. If your interested have a look on their website.

macky_6

Post by macky_6 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:23 am

Thanks all :D
BMCC wrote:Keep the box in rather than putting a pipe for the decat in as from what I have been reading you will not make any more power. GMC motorsport is where I read about this. If your interested have a look on their website.
Will check that out :?: 8-)

BMCC

Post by BMCC » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:22 am

Info from GMC's website:

"Exhaust Systems:
The same problems regarding pipe sizes and lengths apply to exhaust systems, this is why all manufacturers (until Citroen started with VTR) have the Cat or before Cat’s came into being, had an expansion box or silencer just about 3 feet away from the manifold (or a multiple distance of same). So taking off your first silencer and putting in a straight pipe is unlikely to do anything for performance, unless you happen to be lucky that the rear silencer position just so happens to be the correct length away. This is most unlikely as rear silencers are fitted anywhere that room allows. So what about taking off the cat from under the car, the car goes a lot better without it, yes, it does but this is due to getting rid of the restrictions of the Cat, nothing to do with pipe lengths and gas harmonics. So whilst taking off the cat is good it is not as good as taking it off and replacing it with an expansion box in the same place. This is why our BTB exhaust system is so good, not only is it massive bore all the way down to prevent back pressure but it also has an expansion box in place of the Cat. I know this system is expensive in comparison to many others but none has such a big bore, and none have an expansion box, plus you have to buy a De-cat pipe to make fair comparison to price."

Full article:http://www.gmcmotorsport.co.uk/tech-talk/info_12.html

macky_6

Post by macky_6 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:35 am

Yeah, I checked that out on their website :!:

Interesting reading. May have a chat with the guy when I go to get the manifold fitted on his thoughts on this. Might be the silencer box with the sound deadening removed may be an alternative? As this would have the same volume but less restrictive?

Nothing more annoying than someone turning up thinking they are some kind of expert after reading an article on the Internet, telling you how to do your job :lol:

macky_6

Re: Macky's Type-S : good/bad/worse news!

Post by macky_6 » Thu May 22, 2014 9:55 pm

Good news :-D

This little lot has arrived:

Bad news is, it didn't arrive in time to get fitted for Modified Live at Knockhill on Sunday. Scuppered my plans to venture out on the track :(

Worse news, this happened:

Went over a nasty bump and the lip came off at the corner. Must have caught on the road and flipped back on itself. Cracked most of the way along. :evil:

Ah well, thats just about every panel destroyed now :lol: I have just ordered another JDM rear bumper from Lewis and I suppose I am gonna get some replica Mugen spats to replace it. I was thinking about this along with the Mugen sides as both my Motegi ones are cracked. Just means the car is looking really sorry for itself now! I saw an Impreza today at the shops and it had scuffs and scrapes and cracks all over it, thought it looked like a piece of shiiite, then realised, that's exactly how mine looks :evil: :oops: :( :roll:

Return to “Gone but not forgotten”