Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Just another SADLY SOLD Type-S thread :)

Tell us about your old honda preludes that you used to own.
GOONIESnvrSAYdie
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: GOONIESnvrSAYdie

Re: Just another Type-S thread :)

Post by GOONIESnvrSAYdie » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:34 pm

Changed my steering wheel and changed the dash carbon surround today. Can't really see I changed the dash panel, it has a nasty scratch along the top edge that was an eyesore. Next up, new gear knob :)

Old Type-S wheel:

New S2000 wheel :-D

nitin_s1
PSN GamerTag: N171N

Post by nitin_s1 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:58 pm

Looks much better. Did you get it to sit right in the middle? :P

macky_6

Post by macky_6 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:08 am

Like the wheel 8-)

How do you find the steering now? I found the wheel tightens it up a lot but initial turn in is quite tricky to master!

Realised I missed the chrome rings on the dials from my old SiR. So just went and ordered myself a set :twisted:

GOONIESnvrSAYdie

Post by GOONIESnvrSAYdie » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:16 am

nitin_s1 wrote:Looks much better. Did you get it to sit right in the middle? :P
Nope haha. Did it, never tested, drove home from my mates garage and realised it was about 30 degrees off to the left haha. Went back this morning and corrected it. Although, I have an issue with my indicators. They flick on either way but don't click off when I've turned. Any ideas?
macky_6 wrote:Like the wheel 8-)

How do you find the steering now? I found the wheel tightens it up a lot but initial turn in is quite tricky to master!

Realised I missed the chrome rings on the dials from my old SiR. So just went and ordered myself a set :twisted:
Felt like such an improvement. I've had one of these wheels before as my car before the Type-S was an Civic Type-R. Same wheel as an S2000, just different air bag design (I learnt that from Ratty haha).

Really happy with how it's not only improved the look but also the feel when behind the wheel. Feel like I've got something to hold onto now rather than a big no-grip wheel like the old one was, what with it being heavily worn etc.

nitin_s1

Post by nitin_s1 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:04 am

Because of the different threads on the splines the S2000 wheel will never be perfectly centred in a 5G.. You have to try and get it to be as much centre as you possibly can and then have your car aligned. :arrow:

RattyMcClelland
PSN GamerTag: RattyMcClelland

Post by RattyMcClelland » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:08 pm

macky_6 wrote:Like the wheel 8-)

How do you find the steering now? I found the wheel tightens it up a lot but initial turn in is quite tricky to master!:
How does that work? The racks etc are still the same. Just the part that's turns it is different. There want be any difference in turning from a wheel to a clamp spanner on the column. Only difference is how it physically feels to your penisstroking devices.

farlow
XBOX GamerTag: Pikey Pockets

Post by farlow » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:14 pm

I found that my accord type r wheel is impossible to centre. The splines must be aligned different as it will only sit a couple of degrees either way, never perfectly central.

GOONIESnvrSAYdie

Post by GOONIESnvrSAYdie » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:38 pm

nitin_s1 wrote:Because of the different threads on the splines the S2000 wheel will never be perfectly centred in a 5G.. You have to try and get it to be as much centre as you possibly can and then have your car aligned. :arrow:
I've got it as central as I can haha.

Any ideas on why the indicators don't click off?

nitin_s1

Post by nitin_s1 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:00 pm

Check if the notches for your indicators in your wheels are fine and not disturbed by anything .. :idea:

GOONIESnvrSAYdie

Post by GOONIESnvrSAYdie » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:22 pm

duckface wrote:If indicator cancel isn't working, I would have thought that means the wheel isn't centralised sufficiently for the sensors to be aligned with the notches, or that the notches sit too shallow and don't "reach" the sensors :think:

Purely speculating here though :?

Good luck with resolving it anyway, nice looking wheel 8-)
Location: Stockport.. Where about's dude? You're not the driver of the dark blue Lude I've passed a couple of times are you?

Return to “Gone but not forgotten”