Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Benny's BA2 Prelude - Project Shakotan.

Tell us about your old honda preludes that you used to own.
nucleustylzlude
My Generation: 4G

Post by nucleustylzlude » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:32 pm

I think we're all a little jealous of your 2nd gen.

We'd all love to own one, but never took the punt. But it takes something special to have the eye to get it to where you have today. Probably shows why you can take some good pics too - loving Chan's leafy shot. I finally have a DSLR being delivered tomorrow - got some way to learn to take some pics like that though! 8-)

Benny
LotM Winner
My Generation: 2G

Re: Benny's BA2 Prelude - Project Shakotan.

Post by Benny » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:07 pm

mercutio wrote:looks really cool benny 8-)
Thanks man!
honda-hardy wrote:god damn, i love this car. grrrrrrrrrrr i want. there is one on ebay. but no money, and it needs a bit of work to get it to this standard.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1986-HONDA-PR ... 4abe7696fa
Ah so tempting to have one Racecar and one Shakotan style!
NafemanNathan wrote:Surely you took more pictures than that Benny?!... Come on! ;-)
Haha Yea there will be a little feature on his blog, JDMwayOfLife soon I think!

mills wrote:theres a picture of this in Banzai magazine at JAE 8-)
Haha yea it's quite a large pic too!

You guys better keep an eye out for Japanese Performance mag too in the coming months ;)
vlad wrote:omg this car is sick! despite all my aversion that i have towards IInd gen.. this lude is just beautiful :)
Haha one more converted! They do look crap standard. The 4x4 status ride height had to go!
nucleustylzlude wrote:I think we're all a little jealous of your 2nd gen.

We'd all love to own one, but never took the punt. But it takes something special to have the eye to get it to where you have today. Probably shows why you can take some good pics too - loving Chan's leafy shot. I finally have a DSLR being delivered tomorrow - got some way to learn to take some pics like that though! 8-)
Thanks dude those are some nice words! Good luck with the DSLR my old 400D took well over 26000 shots before I bought a 7D!

nucleustylzlude

Post by nucleustylzlude » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:41 pm

:hug:

Just saying what I see. 8)

Decided on a Nikon d5100 - still a good camera for the reduced money now - paid £392 (RRP was nearly £800!). Can't wait to get stuck in. It was asked whether to start a photography thread or section - looks like there's enough peeps for it to be worthwhile. I know I'll have questions.

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner
My Generation: 0G

Post by NafemanNathan » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:52 pm

nucleustylzlude wrote::hug:

Just saying what I see. 8)

Decided on a Nikon d5100 - still a good camera for the reduced money now - paid £392 (RRP was nearly £800!). Can't wait to get stuck in. It was asked whether to start a photography thread or section - looks like there's enough peeps for it to be worthwhile. I know I'll have questions.
I hope you realise what 25999 shots from that camera are going to be of ;-)

Benny
LotM Winner

Post by Benny » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:00 pm

NafemanNathan wrote: I hope you realise what 25999 shots from that camera are going to be of ;-)

Don't quite get what your trying to say mate?

Pretty much most of those was while I was travelling for a whole year, gave me plenty of time to practice skills and learn photoshop tweaks. Of course once I was back I transferred those skills to Automotive photography. Here's one of my old Del Sol I did using my old crappy 400D:

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner

Post by NafemanNathan » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:09 pm

Very nice 8)

And Rob (Nucleustylzlude) is having a baby in a couple of weeks ;-)

nucleustylzlude

Post by nucleustylzlude » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:11 pm

NafemanNathan wrote:Very nice 8)

And Rob (Nucleustylzlude) is having a baby in a couple of weeks ;-)
Bingo!

It'll be a healthy mix of new baby, cars and general practice shots of anything and everything. But let's not clog up yet another profile Nathan! :lol:

Benny
LotM Winner

Post by Benny » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:52 pm

Well It's getting shot this Sunday for Japanese Performace magazine which is pretty cool! It was always my dream to get mag featured and after my old Del Sol in FastCar this will be my second :D Well chuffed!

Few Instagram pics:

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner

Post by NafemanNathan » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:42 pm

Brilliant news! :D I remembered you said something about being in either JP or Banzai soon, and actually ended up buying Banzai in a gamble that you were in it (I was too pushed for time to fick through it properly first). Turns out you weren't in it though :lol:

Let us know which issue it's in ;-)

Benny
LotM Winner

Post by Benny » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:57 pm

NafemanNathan wrote:Brilliant news! :D I remembered you said something about being in either JP or Banzai soon, and actually ended up buying Banzai in a gamble that you were in it (I was too pushed for time to fick through it properly first). Turns out you weren't in it though :lol:

Let us know which issue it's in ;-)
There was a nice big pic of it in the JAE show report by Banzai :) You musta bought the wrong one dude lol

Return to “Gone but not forgotten”