Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Where and why the passion began!

Tell us about your old honda preludes that you used to own.
si import
Supporter 2016
My Generation: 4G

Post by si import » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:48 pm

Brought my first one at 18 as had just blown the engine on my nova I had . Took it for a test drive and fell in love with it so brought it. Had one ever since 8-)
http://www.ludegeneration.co.uk/profile ... t4910.html
BB4 Si Vtec LSD . 263.4 bhp - 192.7 lb/ft .13.5@105mph
BB1 Si Vtec LSD. R.I.P . 1/4mile 14.1451 secs @ 99.71mph
BB4 Si Vtec LSD Turbo . R.I.P

Drax

Post by Drax » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:06 pm

A mate of mine was selling one. I liked it. The wife really like it. Drove, looked, and felt great but the love has gotten stronger year by year 8-)
2.2 JDM DOHC SI-VTEC LSD TCS 4WS ABS BB1 MANUAL 1992
FOR PAUL

Rich
Pickle Rich
PSN GamerTag: richardofeston

Post by Rich » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:09 pm

I was searching for an affordable sporty coupe for my second car, something a bit different that you don't see everyday, and the lude ticked all the boxes. I'd not been driving long and didn't earn much so I could only really afford the insurance on a 2.0.

Anyway, a BB3 came up for sale locally and it was love at first sight - though I can't say it was reciprocated... the MOT fail sheet was long and costly, but the hard work was worth it! We had a few fun years together after that - but then the rust set in, and my head was turned by a better model...

Having been a member of the LB forum I'd heard so much about the 2.2 VTEC models that I absolutely had to try one myself. So I found a lovely BB4 for sale locally and couldn't resist. Well, once I'd tasted VTEC there was no going back...

Unfortunately, though, the rust has really set into this one too. So I'm on the lookout for my third lude now, this time I want a solid one - one that I can keep forever.

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:30 pm

4th gen, British motor show when I was 16/17 (and then every motor show after that :lol: ) I still have the Honda sales catalogue from the shows.
Love at first sight (most sexy looking car ever). Lusted after solidly ever since.

Cassis Red was my favourite colour (though I didn't know the name of it back then, it was just known as "gorgeous red" to my friend and I).

My housemate went through a mid-life crisis when he was mid twenties buying a kitted up black calibra 16v (with porous head :roll: ) so I thought 'drokk it', checked insurance cost of a lude and found I no longer needed a full mortgage, so the next weekend gave the Sunny I was using at the time to my dad and went out and bought the first 4th gen I laid my hands on :lol:

Sebring silver UKDM 2.3, pre-face (L reg IIRC) with loads of things wrong with it :lol:

mart609
LotM Winner
XBOX GamerTag: mart609
PSN GamerTag: mart609

Post by mart609 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:54 pm

RattyMcClelland wrote: Gran Turismo 2 the 4th gen si vtec was the best car to buy as a first car with the 10k credits you got.
This

tom023
Supporter 2016
My Generation: 5G

Re: Where and why the passion began!

Post by tom023 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:00 am

I really wanted an ep3 but it was out of my price range (7-10K euros in Spain). I came across a Prelude in the classifieds and started doing some investigating, I soon realised that it was a pretty slept on car over here and for half the price I could get a similar amount of Honda as an ep3.
Safe to say I've fallen in love since and she's surprised more than one person who thought my lipless lude was my pop's grocery getter!

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

thusee
My Generation: 5G
XBOX GamerTag: DA2NV
PSN GamerTag: IDRVSLW

Post by thusee » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:20 am

Great topic! Great stories!

I had no intentions of buying a lude, at the time a month before i got rear ended when i was driving my 98 civic coupe and insurance wrote it off.

While I was car less I was driving around in my wife's 05 civic (Automatic) Which I dislike LOL.....while driving that i was on the lookout for an Acura TSX which is the same as the Honda Accord in UK (04 models). While searching I couldn't find a manual one within my budget, there were a ton of automatics in great shape but I needed that 3rd pedal.

I have no idea how but all of a sudden I started searching for a Prelude. Over the 7 years of owning various honda's a prelude never crossed my mind.

So a month after the accident I found one which needed a few repairs but I liked it.

Now 3 years later I'm still in love with it! Definitely going to buy a new shell with less rust as mine has seen better days but everything on my car will be transferrable so not worried!

PS Love the PRELUDE community :D you guys have been great so has my local community!

simonc
Supporter 2016

Post by simonc » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:15 am

I had a client back in the UK who bought a 3rd Gen more or less the day they first went on sale. I was actually at his office on the day he'd been to collect it. I fell in love with it. White, boot spoiler( I thought it was so sexy), and of course it had the 4WS.
He was kind enough to let me tootle round the car park in it insisting I parked it back in his designated spot. I didn't realise what 4WS steering was all about to be honest and as I was backing it in, I honestly thought something had broken as it felt so weird. As he then explained it to me, and showed how the wheels turned when he backed it in, I spent a very happy fifteen minutes going in and out of his bay, just to experience the feeling again.
Anyway, many years and many company cars later, when I saw Blue Beauty for sale, I just knew my time had come to consummate my long distance love affair with a Prelude. ;)
And the rest, as they say, is history.
'Mr Bridger, will drive them, into the sea...'

Return to “Gone but not forgotten”