Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Where and why the passion began!

Tell us about your old honda preludes that you used to own.
g_lude
My Generation: 4G

Where and why the passion began!

Post by g_lude » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:33 pm

Hi, this post is for tell you my story with Prelude and why i love so much this car.
I was born in 1993, and in 1994 my dad bought a new Prelude bb3 4th gen.
I grow up in this car for 9 years and for over 350.000 kms, and becoming boy i really fell in love with her saing: "when i will be adult i will have this car!"
Unfurtately after 9 years he sold the Lude, and it remained only a dream for me.
But.......... Since i got my license i began to search a bb3 like that, (i wanted the same year, the same color and in good shape) and after a year of research i found mine (the only difference is leather interior, but i'll tell about mine in another topic in the right session).
Now of that Prelude remains only 2 photos made when it was new, and a lot of memories of travel when i was child and dreaming to be in the driver seat.
Here's the two photos:

The first love you never forget :D :D

paul bristol uk

Post by paul bristol uk » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:35 pm

My Wife wanted one in 2002 so I got her one. I had an Impreza so I was not that bothered about it.Still once I had experienced VTEC the little bugger won my heart!
I have kleptomania,
But when it gets bad,
I take something for it.

RattyMcClelland
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: RattyMcClelland

Post by RattyMcClelland » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:37 pm

Gran Turismo 1. The Type S was used in the a class license test at gran valley.
Gran Turismo 2 the 4th gen si vtec was the best car to buy as a first car with the 10k credits you got.

Vtecmec
LotM Winner
XBOX GamerTag: vtecmec

Post by Vtecmec » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:20 pm

One cruised past me on the motorway in 1993, love at first sight. I'll have one of those one day.........

Scott560

Post by Scott560 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:37 pm

I bought one off ebay - unseen, without any knowledge of the make or model, my first honda. It was only supposed to be a temporary car. After 5 years i liked it so much i bought another one. Both 5G 2.2vti manual. My co worker liked it also and decided he would buy one as well (another 5g maunal 2.2.vti).
'00 UKDM 2.2VTI H22a8
'21 'e' Advance

Sailor
Supporter 2016
My Generation: 0G

Post by Sailor » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:14 am

I wanted an Accord Type R and set aside what I thought was a tight budget. I couldn't find the one I wanted but was instead distracted by a metallic blue 5G glinting in the sun on a sales forecourt.

Two weeks later, the right spec ATR came up. We ended up with both for the money we were going to spend on one of them. Result!
International Pensioner of Mystery

Feeniks

Post by Feeniks » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:37 pm

Fun topic!

Last year, my husband taught me to drive in a Ford Puma, which was a perfectly suitable little car for the purpose. Soon after passing my test, however, I started to find it severely lacking in oompf, and so started the search for something else. As the car was to be shared between the hubby and me, it was of course important we both like it. Now and then he'd show me various options he'd be happy to own, but our tastes always differed sufficiently to make it difficult to find something we both liked. One evening we were watching an episode of X-Files - in one scene, there was a white car in the distant background, parked on the roadside at night. Immediately noticing its attractive profile drawn against the darkness, I asked "what was that car?". Hubby couldn't believe his ears when he found out I liked the look of one of the cars he'd always wanted (he has a list) but hadn't even thought to suggest. A few weeks later we were the excited new owners of a Gen5, and for me it was love at first mile <3

Sadly we were plagued by the problems with the infamous auto box, and after two replacement boxes finally had to admit defeat. We got a more reliable alternative for a vehicle. Sadly I have been unable to fall in love with it like I did with the Lude; everything works (that's the power of German engineering for ya) and the car drives beautifully, but it completely lacks a soul. So the current plan is to switch back to a Lude again after June, when I've had a year of driving experience and no claims... This time a manual! ;) Provided we find one to meet our requirements, of course.

I can't wait :)

Bri
PSN GamerTag: funky_bri

Post by Bri » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:34 pm

My dads mate bought a 2.3 4th gen back in the day, as soon as I clapped eyes on it I fell for the lude. Even back then there were not that many around on the road. I had many cars and forgot about the prelude untill I bought a Civic Coupe and then I seen a nice 4th gen pass by, I knew I had to own the civics bigger brother. Then one day at random a job came up cleaning the decking at my local pub at the time, he had a lude tucked under some sheets round the back.

And this was it, the moment the cover came off. You can see the wet goo on the windscreen. This was the moment I knew I had to buy this car. I was prepared to sell my testicles to own it!!

That was my red lude. a legend of a car. Still painfully missed to this day.

Getting stuck in to get my current lude back on form.

hondaddict
My Generation: 3G

Re: Where and why the passion began!

Post by hondaddict » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:26 pm

It is difficult for me to write in English, i hope you'll understand my bad "frenglish" :oops:

Since i was Young, i always loved fast cars but my love story with Honda began with motorcycles :oops:
My first car was a Peugeot 309 GTI, then i bought a 405 MI16, came back to another 309GTI ... and finally bought my first Honda car: a Civic EC9 :shock:

Even if my EC9 was a really enjoying car ( lowered, lightened,...) it was as powerfull as my previous cars and i was looking at Something more fun... ... and then i found my first Prelude

After this one, 6 others Prelude cames Under my ownership, until 2015 when i became an ATR owner...

Voilà, i hope it is understandable and no so boring to read :oops:
Accord Type R , "what else" :lol:

Greg
My Generation: 3G

Post by Greg » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:58 pm

I only like 3g because in the sea of 80's automotive awkward angles the 3rd generation cuts like a hot knife through butter. All generations thereafter feel watered down.

Return to “Gone but not forgotten”