Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Kawa's Lude

Tell us about your old honda preludes that you used to own.
Kawa
My Generation: 4G
XBOX GamerTag: kawa222

2008 Aug - Engine Poly Mounts + Mileage Update

Post by Kawa » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:52 am

Decided to have a few days of work to do some work to the car - doing 800 miles a week and having to time to work on it - It's a little neglected :cry: It told me so :D

Today

After driving 70 miles back to nottingham (where I can work on the car)...

1) Dropped the oil and changed the filter, while the engine was still warm.
2) Installed the poly engine mount inserts http://preludeuk.forumup.com/viewtopic. ... =preludeuk
3) Dropped the anti-freeze, flushed and added new mixture ready for another winter - have we had a summer? :?
4) Re-routed some cabling in the engine bay, enabling the CDA air filter to be mounted lower - Now I have the "Feels" strut brace installed !!
5) Swopped a blowing exhaust gasket and remounted the exhaust manifold - straightening a few brackets in the process

Mileage checkpoint for my own benefit....

Car purchased in 1994 with 86K on the clock (60K in KM's) - So approx 60K miles.

This is where is gets complicated.... In Oct 06 I fitted the S2000 clocks at 120K, So at approx 100K miles. The new clocks showed 24K approx.

In July 07, the engine died with 30K approx on the S2000 clocks - So at this point the car has done 106K miles.

The new engine I'm told was from a 80K engine, again 60K in KM's, So 60K miles aprox.

The S2K clock currently show 52K. So my engine has done 82K miles, the chassis has done 128K miles.

Think thats about right :roll: :lol:

Kawa

2008 Sep - New Steering Rack

Post by Kawa » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:58 am

Received a pressy from the nice FedEx man today - a reconditioned steering rack 8) 8)

These are getting rare as rocking horse poo. Seems the suppliers to the trade are out of stock. This is due to the parts required to re-condition the racks are no longer made :shock:

(2010 - Sept - Finally Fitted!! )

Kawa

2007 Sept - ARB bushes

Post by Kawa » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:38 pm

Sept 2007 - ARB bushes

Honda told me that one of my rear ARB bushes was knackered 18 months ago :oops:

Must say there was some knocking from the near too, which seems to have cured itself, so i'm well chuffed :D

still got a low pitched squeek - master bush set will arrive tomorrow, had to pay customs charges of 33 quid :evil:

Kawa

2008 Sep - Goodyear GSD3

Post by Kawa » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:54 pm

4 Goodyear GSD3 's (hopefully) getting fitted on friday.......

Kawa

2008 Sep - Skip Wagon Damage

Post by Kawa » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:55 pm

On route to grantham, A52, skip wagon coming other way on a bend and shed a couple of bricks into my wing and front bumper :?

Too much traffic to turn around give chase, didn't even get the company name :evil:

Kawa

2008 Sep - CV Boot / leaky dizzy

Post by Kawa » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:57 pm

MOT coming up on Thursday.......

Yesterday jobs... :?

Inner CV boot on the drivers side was split, so replaced both the inner and outer.

A leaky dizzy O-ring meant I've had a slow oil leak from the dizzy. The oil then drips down onto a water pipe beneath the dizzy. Inevitably, the pipe had split. Replaced the O-ring and cutting the pipe short seems to have done the trick. :)

Kawa

2008 Dec - Brake Pads / Discs

Post by Kawa » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:00 pm

She got a wash yesterday, first one since before jap show :lol:

To be fair, she was black :shock:

Changed the front discs and pads yesterday, just standard stuff from the local motor-factors. The previous Red Stuff pads have done 18 months and to be fair, were wasted on a road going car. The last set of EBC discs of the same age were scored quite a bit, so replaced at a cost of £19 + VAT each.

Also noticed the passenger side CV boot has split. Think I changed that about 2 or 3 years ago, quite disappointing considering how long they should last?

Anyways she's not running too bad, still managing the 180 to 200 bhp on the the ol' RSM.

Just awaiting delivery of my company car (long over due) which will dramatically reduce the mileage I'm doing at the moment in the lude. It's still Honda :D albeit the type S Civic GT :lol: but I can't complain.

Kawa

2009 May - Strip the interior

Post by Kawa » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:09 am

Taxed the lude yesterday! 8) Just six months to get us through the summer.

Jumped started her, left work and after a short journey of 8 miles back to my mums house, found the battery was not holding any charge at all. £50 later she's donned with a new box of acid and all is well.

Gave the engine bay and exterior a quick wash as she's been stood in a dusty yard for the last 6 months :?

Brakes were binding slightly, but loosened off after the first few miles. She's getting about 185 bhp on the old RSM, so a good service is on the cards. The sound of the exchaust is still sweet as it always was, have missed that soooo much :lol:

70 miles back home went without hickup and the Mrs even took the lude to Tesco to do some shopping this morning :lol:

This afternoon we've stripped the boot, rear seats, centre console etc. Also removed alot of electical bits of peices including stereo, PC, multitude of switches and about 7 miles of wiring!!! :shock:

The box of electrical stuff that I've kept weighs 15 kilo's alone, never mind the spare battery, interior and 2 carrier bags of stuff that's I've chucked out!! :lol: I recon we've shaved 30 kilo's from the car and still lots more to go. :?

Best part was, she still started after all the electrical massacre :P

As the house move still hasn't happened, I'm going to have to use my mums drive to do the works needed to the suspension etc.

This is more of a checklist to myself

- Clean Brakes
- Replace Font nearside CV Boot
- Remove ABS
- re-dress rear nearside brake line
- Fit Braded Hoses (2 years in the waiting)
- Remove Cruise Control
- Replace Suspension Bushes (2 years in the waiting)
- Replace Front ARB bushes (2 years in the waiting)
- Replace Fornt ARB drop links (2 years in the waiting)
- Grease rear ARB bushes
- Replace Steering Rack (1 year in waiting)
- Remove 4WS system (parts required)

Kawa

2009 Aug - Enkei 2 Piece Split Rims

Post by Kawa » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:12 am

Brought a set of these babies from Rich @ Performance Autoworks.

They're Enkei 2 Piece Split Rims. In need of a little love and attention of which I'll post the details up as we go along. 8)

(Later sold on..never had the time to refurb, or money for new rubber :cry: )

Kawa

2009 Sep - Garage rebuild!

Post by Kawa » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:14 am

Been in the new house for nearly 2 months now, so thought it was about time I turned my attention to getting the garage sorted :twisted:

The garage measures 7.4m x 5m, so a decent size. Problem is the roof leaks roof and the windows are bowing. Also having to open the double door everytime you want to get in can be a PITA :?

Added lintels above the windows and replaced the units with uPVC plastic items. Previously, the roof joists were resting ontop of the wooden window frames :? Also cut a new door into the side.

It took 2 days to strip the roof back, removing plastic sheeting, 4 layers of tar paper and then the wooden boards.

Half the problem with the leaking roof is that there was no fall in the roof, being nearly flat.

So the joists were raised with a car jack :lol:

...and set back down on 4x4 timber...

....giving the roof a nice fall.

The front and back joists were rotten, so replaced the ends... (the joins are very well supported and braced!!)

Plastic coated steal roofing sheets/cladding ready to go on. Theses babies are 5M in length, so no joins along the water fall.

Also got a couple of clear sheets to let some natural light in.

Still a bit of tidying up to do and workbenches to set up, stuff to go on the wall...

Return to “Gone but not forgotten”