Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Project "UBA" F22 to H22 Conversion

Tell us about your old honda preludes that you used to own.
Ammo
Admin | Spammer Assassin
My Generation: 4G

Project "UBA" F22 to H22 Conversion

Post by Ammo » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:52 am

Moved over from PUK

Little_Luders F22 to H22 engine swap thread, plus a few other bits were gonna do to it.

The car as we got it

BA8 F22 2.2L non vtec with a dead engine

Does not have any toys at all apart from climate control and electric wing mirrors, so

No ABS
No Sunroof
No 4 wheel steer
No cruise
No Airbags

And best of all no RUST :lol: :lol:

Ammo
Admin | Spammer Assassin

Alloy wheels fitted

Ammo
Admin | Spammer Assassin

Well work officially started today, big thanks to Retro for lending a much needed hand and Little_Luders friend John for the use of his garden, hoist and his expertise.

Car just getting ready to start work

Being the lightweight model we decided we didn't need axle stands and used a couple of redbull cans instead

The Vtec Lump to go in

The work begins

Pretty much everything stripped off to begin lifting the F22 out

Ripping "UBA's" Heart out lol

Empty Engine Bay

Little_Luder in the obligatory standing in the engine bay shot

Her struggling to climb into the engine bay (Bless her she's only got little legs lol)

The Vtec lump in just

That's the last pic for now as we were all so knackered and covered in grease we forgot to take any more lol

The Vtec lump is 95% installed, it's all connected up, just needs an exhaust manifold and all the fulids putting back in and a new Fuel line. oh and the P13 ECU.

On the wiring side i've got some head scracthing to do, it's appears that the F22 in this car has a sensor where the Knock sensor on the H22 is, it also has a Green/yellow wire in the existing ecu loom, which matches up to the Vtec solinod.
On the plugs near the passenger side bonnet mount, all the number of wires match up, there are no missing wires between the H22 engine loom and the F22 ecu loom. i haven't checked the colours yet, but it seems odd as the F22 normally doesn't have wiring for the Vtec and a knock sensor.

Guess we won't really know till we fire it up and see what fault codes it throws.

Ammo
Admin | Spammer Assassin

Post by Ammo » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:53 am

Sorry for the lack of pics in this update but there wasn't really anything exciting to take pics of.

Last Friday I paid a trip to DaveD and picked up a replacement fuel line (Cheers Dave) on my way to my folks to collect more parts for the conversion, vtec manifold and downpipe (Both are different on the F22)

Saturday was spent plumbing in the fuel line and filling the car up with fluids, and a great deal of head scrathing as it wouldn't start. Swapped the dizzy and leads for known good ones and still nothing.

After about an hour, i remembered the preivous owner had told us he'd disconnected something but i couldn't remember what, took a look under the dash and the main relay was disconnected, plugged it back in thinking it would be the end of our problems, but still it wouldn't fire up.

gave up for the Sat and went home to try and work out why it wouldn't start.

Sunday, we swapped the blue flame exhaust over from little_luders UKDM lude which was a complete sod to do and took ages.

Next we tackled the non starting problem, after a few phone calls and everything seeming to be all connected and right, Si suggested pulling all the fuses to see if one was blown.

One was lol, replaced it and she fired right up :D

NO warning lights or anything, I CAN confirm that in a 1994 F22 BA8 it's a straight swap to convert it to a H22, all the wiring is already in the loom, you just need the P13 ECU and the Vtec manifold and downpipe (and obviously the H22 engine and engine wiring harness)

little_luder took her for an MOT today, and she went straight through not even on advisory :D :D :D

We still have the suspension to swap over, and then the modding can start lol

Ammo
Admin | Spammer Assassin

Post by Ammo » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:03 pm

Ex girlfriends car, she sold it last year sometime, but I've not seen it resurface

4thgenphil
Supporter 2016

Post by 4thgenphil » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:11 pm

Ammo wrote:Ex girlfriends car, she sold it last year sometime, but I've not seen it resurface
Wait, you had a Girlfriend? or was she a Fag Hag?
:thumbdown:

Return to “Gone but not forgotten”