Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Ammo's 1992 JDM Si Vtec LSD BB1 Prelude

Tell us about your old honda preludes that you used to own.
Ammo
Admin | Spammer Assassin
My Generation: 4G

Post by Ammo » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:40 am

Been checking for crash damage today, the N/S shock had totally bottomed out in the crash and had died so the 2 front shocks have been swapped over from the donor car.

Did a bit of measuring and the N/S wheel is about an inch further back than the O/S. Stripped the control arms off both cars and found the problem.

Must have been a big wack to bend that, hopefully that's the only thing that's bent, need to swap over my poly bushes which is a right pain :(

Ammo
Admin | Spammer Assassin

Post by Ammo » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:40 am

Got a few more bits done today.

Fly wheel fitted

Clutch fitted

And got the gearbox on

Trying to put the gearbox on my own was not a good idea, don't think i'm gonna be able to move tomorrow, my back is killing already.

More updates tomorrow.... if I can move.

Ammo
Admin | Spammer Assassin

Post by Ammo » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:41 am

Not many piccys today, been far too busy.

but the main thing is

THE ENGINE IS BACK IN

I would seriously recommend not trying to put an engine back in on your own, it's pretty difficult and i managed to crush my hand, luckly it's only brusied, sodding painful though.

Next step is to plumb it all in and see if it actually works.

Unfortunately the engine bay isn't clean, i've run out of time and have to have the car moveable by next week, clean engine. dirty bay :(

Ammo
Admin | Spammer Assassin

Post by Ammo » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:41 am

Cheers guys

Not got much done at all today, the folks are pressuring me to strip my donor car so all my time is being spent dismantling that.

I did get the aircon pump fitted and the belt on for the Unorthodox pulleys. i need a new belt for the power steering pump though as it's factionally too long :(

Anyone know what size i need?

Ammo
Admin | Spammer Assassin

Post by Ammo » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:42 am

Got the engine all connected and wired up today

I've now hit a major problem, in the process of the car being moved, the inner CV joint has separated on the N/S and I can't get it back together :(

Also changed the clutch slave cylinder as the original had pretty much seized.

Need to get the CV joint fixed then add all the fluids and she can be fired up :D

Ammo
Admin | Spammer Assassin

IT'S ALIVE

Spent today replacing the clutch fluid, new coolant and engine and gear box oil.

I hope the clutch is actually connected cos it's totally different to how it was before, i can actually move the clutch easily, no squeaks, clunks etc, just a smooth easy action.

Once i'd fixed the coolant leak :? I managed to get it fired up, considering the engine hasn't been run in nearly a year, after a couple of turns without the dizzy connected, it fired up straight away.

WOW, i know it's been 6 months since i've heard the old engine, but this engine purrs the old one chugged, it sounds so smooth no lumps etc.

I did get an engine check light though, 41 - O2 sensor since i fitted the exhaust today, i no doubt forgot to plug it in :oops: will i hope I forgot to plug it in.

Still got to fix or replace the inner CV joint, swap my poly bushes onto the replacement control arm, fit the headlights, wings, front bumper which died in the off....

..... And then I'm back on the road :D

Ammo
Admin | Spammer Assassin

It now looks like a car :D

And yes that's the original bumper that i had the off with, I surprised by the lack of damage, few bits of paint off and the usual spider web cracks

Had to remove my foglights as one didn't make it out of the ditch alive.

Also managed to get the Power steering working using the original belt, it's on it's limits of adjustment, but triying to move the lude without the PS it's sooooo Heavy. Took it out down the road before i've put all the front end stuff on and with out the power steering Vtec nearly took my arm off with Torque steer.

I can't believe how easy it is to get into vtec now, it just seems reach it a hell of a lot quicker. I know I keep banging on about the clutch, but it's like a different car, roll on getting my forbidden shortshifter fitted.

Just got to fit the side skirts, wheel arch liners and splash guard, and she's officially back on the road :D

Ammo
Admin | Spammer Assassin

Post by Ammo » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:43 am

Postman bought me some more goodies.

Energy Suspension Engine Mount Inserts

Mixed reviews on these, but I haven't bought them for any performance gains, it's just cheaper than buying a new engine mount. I heard it transmits more noise to the cabin, but as it's not a daily drive i'm not really fussed about that.

Ammo
Admin | Spammer Assassin

Post by Ammo » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:44 am

Cars now on 15's due to the wheel coming off and I need 2 new tyres

Ammo
Admin | Spammer Assassin

Post by Ammo » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:44 am

Good news the car is straight, well the wheels are now.

It's still pulling to the left though and wheel wobble above 70 even more so under braking.

Return to “Gone but not forgotten”