Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

BB1BOY's A prelude to my Prelude

Tell us about your old honda preludes that you used to own.
bb1boy
My Generation: 4G
XBOX GamerTag: adam fantastic

BB1BOY's A prelude to my Prelude

Post by bb1boy » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:04 pm

Hi all, I finally decided to start a build thread and noticed the 'Gone but not forgotten' section, so I thought I would use this thread as a prequel, if you will.

'Lude life started for my at 22 in 2002 when I traded in my red-top Calibra 2.0 16v (with a blown head gasket) for a UKDM 2.3 16v L reg pre-facelift Prelude. It was totally standard Cassis Red Pearl with black leather, no boot spoiler and classic rusty arches. I fitted Koni Yellow shocks with Ground Control springs, 17" Konig Troubles, a fibreglass front bumper from Poland, tints on the windows and fresh coat of R82p paint, I shaved the badges and antenna and fitted a JDM H22A (although the VTEC never worked) also I smashed one UK glass headlight on the back of a Transit van so got a pair of black backed JDM plastic headlights. Then, due to the arrival of my son I had to sell the car and get something more practical (Mitsubishi Galant Estate - great car!!). This is how it looked before I sold it to a guy on PUK called Greeny.

So after 3 years, a Galant, a silver EG Civic ESi, an Alfa 146ti Twin Spark, a blue EG ESi and a massive change in circumstances, I bought this (some of you may remember it from my old sig) a 1993 JDM Cassis Red Pearl BB1 with full Hiro bodykit, chrome 17"s, tints and full stainless exhaust.

Rust and rot started to get the better of that car which is when I found this crashed one on Piston Heads not 15 miles from my house! The previous owner hit a bus while driving in the snow. I knew my red one was good underneath so I bought this Sherwood Green JDM BB1, parked the red one in my garage and started stripping bits to repair the new one.

This is the main bit that was bent in the bus crash (and the replacement from the red one):

Then after a new wing, the Hiro bodykit, new wheels and tints, it looked like this:

After a further 3 months, it looked like this :cry: :

...and within 10 days of the crash I had an insurance pay out and bought this, 1994 BB4 JDM Si VTEC LSD (and LPG):

^^That is my current car ..and this is where my build thread starts!!

NCCMUR
My Generation: 5G
XBOX GamerTag: NCCMUR

Post by NCCMUR » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:29 pm

If your gonna crash it......do it right :shock:
bristol_bb4 wrote: turn the volume up and get your happy time tissues ready :lol:
Kevin Bridges wrote: How did a didnae!!
NCCMUR's 1997 VTI

Doggo
Court Jester
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: FfyreDog

Post by Doggo » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:34 pm

Sir, when they do the autopsy on you they'll find Prelude all the way through.

Yes, nice wreck BTW. Hell of a big hedgehog, obviously.

GJMHONDA2012
LotM Winner

Post by GJMHONDA2012 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:59 pm

u should see my prelude history then mate heres some pics if thats ok ill delete them if u want
1st prelude ukdm 2.3 auto
2nd ukdm 2.0 16v non vtec manual
3rd ukdm 2.2 vtec manual
4th jap import 2.2 vtec auto
5th gen 5 2.2vti auto
and my current prelude

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:37 pm

You've had another 2 ludes as well GJM?

GJMHONDA2012
LotM Winner

Post by GJMHONDA2012 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:49 pm

wurlycorner wrote:You've had another 2 ludes as well GJM?
oh yeah how did i forget them oh well thats 7 preludes then lol

bb1boy

Post by bb1boy » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:14 am

GJMHONDA2012 wrote:u should see my prelude history then mate heres some pics if thats ok ill delete them if u want...
No mate that's cool, I posted my pics already, the rest is a free for all as far as I'm concerned. I was never tempted by a 2.0 16v Prelude because the 16v Calibra I had would kick its ass all day long.

Oh and I didn't list the two 4th gen imports I had bought for parts, so I've had six 4th gens altogether.

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:15 pm

Was it the gasket that went on your calibra, or the head going porous? A mate of mine had one and one version of the red top 16v engines was notorious for the head going porous and that was what happened to his. Still went well though - good torquey engine with plenty of grunt (handled like crap, steering, pedals and gearchange felt agricultural and the interior was bloody awful design though :lol:)

bb1boy

Post by bb1boy » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:29 pm

Gasket I assume, maybe the garage skimmed too much of the head off and wrecked it then because it went again 6 months later.. so I drove to the next town and part exchanged it for my first 'Lude. 1st thing the dealer did was check the oil and rad caps haha he gave me £850 for a 10yr old car, but it was a minter (apart from the motor :oops: )

Return to “Gone but not forgotten”