Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

spoke to tuners today, here's what they say

No, not in the key of C. An H is likely involved though ...
Teddy92110
My Generation: 4G

Post by Teddy92110 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:39 pm

Lol

Donald
Supporter 2015
My Generation: 0G

Post by Donald » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:43 pm

That's got to be a record.

In just two pages you've gone from someone who seemed to be taking a fairly sensible approach to getting a bit more go, to sounding like an utter dunce :lol:

Best of luck.

GOONIESnvrSAYdie
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: GOONIESnvrSAYdie

Post by GOONIESnvrSAYdie » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:19 am

Can I ask why you "downgraded" to a Lude from an Sti Impreza and then wants to spend £2k to make it as fast as the Sti you got rid off? Owning a Lude isn't about how fast it is. It's a life style choice.

Teddy92110

Post by Teddy92110 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:32 am

"Downgraded performance wise" if you read it again. You are absolutely right it is a lifestyle choice. I can pick up another scoob not an sti but a wrx for about 2k for a good example. But if the bottom end didnt start to knock on my scoob then it would have still been here. Then i thought ive always liked preludes never owned one so thought lets get one. This is my third one. Luxury wise prelude is better than a gc8, well my first one was anyway with 4ws cruise climate control the works. The drive wasnt better ofcourse due to 4wd and performance due to the turbo. My intention is never to make my lude as fast as an sti. And donald you have definately judged me too quick. Im 26 still young like my odd race here and there puts a smild on my face when someone is behind me but does this make me chavish? One of the best tuners in manchester is racing everyday. And btw the strip is a place in manchester where all sorts of people turn up in all sorts of cars for a bit of fun. Nothing wrong at all. You get 50 year olds racing does that mean they are immature. Anyways people cant wait to get my project going

Rudelude

Post by Rudelude » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:06 am

Will be interested too see how the lude turns out... FYI, My mate had hondata chip in his type r ep3, got some seriously spanking performance increase from it... Swears by it. Good luck and keep posting with developments......
1997 Type S, Pearl White
Rust Free & Mugen Goodness

Teddy92110

Post by Teddy92110 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:05 am

Ive been told you only gain 10-15 bhp just from a remap alone. But in vtec engines that is A LOT. Where as in turbo cars you wont feel it as much. Never really been a fan of the 5th gens but your one looks very nice. Thanks bud and i will keep you lot updated its gonna be a bumpy 4 month ride let me tell you

Jamie P 2013
XBOX GamerTag: Radion GX

Post by Jamie P 2013 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:31 am

5G FTW :D

Donald
Supporter 2015
My Generation: 0G

Post by Donald » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:43 am

I suggest you go back and read your posts on page two.

Nothing wrong with doing it on the strip, but that's not what you made the case out to be.

Age has nothing to do with it.

Just telling it like I see it ;)

Merlin
PSN GamerTag: Merlinbadman

Post by Merlin » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:17 am

Teddy92110 wrote:So my initial mods to start off with was just a full exhaust system thinking it will get me 220 ish bhp. But speaking to tuners they have recommeded me these mods:
- full custom made exhaust including manifold and decat (got a quote today for £1000)
- accord type r throttle body
- accord type r inlet manifold
- accord type r heads and cams ( been quoted 750 fitted)
- some tuners say hondata s300 ecu and some say p28 ecu with hondata or crome (whats the main difference?)

So with all these mods, should i achieve the 240-250 bhp that i want? And is there more that can be done such as bigger fuel pump and injectors?

Please give your thoughts and tell me if theres anything else i should be looking at.
You have a JDM import 4th gen?

Just a full exhaust system - without tuning you'll be looking at more like 210-215 IMO. You might get a bit more if you fit a chip to your current ECU.

With all the other bits (ATR head + cams + IM + TB) and a tune I think you will be in the 230bhp range going by other peoples past builds. You'll be limited by the 10.6:1 comp pistons. Add 11:1 comp pistons and you might see 240bhp.

If you want 250bhp you will need (on top of the list above) 11:1 comp pistons, stage 2 camshafts + upgraded valve train, 68mm TB, probably some head work etc... Plus gearbox and diff and all the other enabling bits.

If you go higher than that it is (on top of the list above) 11.5:1 comp pistons, new rods, stage 2 camshafts + upgraded valve train, 68mm TB, deffo head work etc... Plus gearbox and diff and all the other enabling bits.

The P28 is the ECU (from a Civic). Hondata and Crome are tuning packages, chips or boards added to the ECU to allow it to be tuned. Crome is the cheaper open source software, Hondata is the "premium" choice. Most go for Hondata.

Donald wrote:Am I right in thinking Merlin is pretty much at the ceiling of what you can achieve N/A without spending big big money? Although I wouldn't like to think what Merlin's motor would cost to build.
Yup most of the higher end H22's PAW produce make around 270 bhp. You are pretty much looking at double figures.
BA8......... BB4......... BB8.........The JDM Muscle Bus

ATR84
XBOX GamerTag: mike84n

Post by ATR84 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:44 am

If this strip you talk of is a public road it might be a good idea not to put things like that on a public forum. If it's a private track, fair enough.

My opinion on street racing is that it is for idiots. Risking your own life is one thing, but risking lives of others is sheer stupidity.

Return to “Tuning”