Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Planning on Turboing the H22 but so much to consider!

No, not in the key of C. An H is likely involved though ...
RattyMcClelland
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: RattyMcClelland

Post by RattyMcClelland » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:44 pm

ATTS can handle the torque produced by a low PSI build up to around 10psi. Can your high comp engine? :lol:

Sounds good Cutz. Did your MR-S pump install go smoothly. Im thinking of doing it.

Cutz
My Generation: 4G
XBOX GamerTag: Masta Cutz

Post by Cutz » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:59 am

Ratty the MR-S power steering pump is probably the best mod on the car.

Honda steering as standard is just so light and horrible, this pump winds the steering pressure down a bit so it has a nice weighted feel but very responsive. I highly recommended this mod, installation is a breeze.

....and you have the option of turning it off altogether ;-)

Anywayz back to the turbo;
Internals will stay standard and boost will stay low...im rolling in an 1100kg EJ9 civic and its my daily driver so I dont want to go too crazy...yet :twisted:
Matt
Civic Type-22
Red-R Performance
http://www.red-r-performance.com

Mudgey
My Generation: 5G

Post by Mudgey » Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:35 pm

I can second what Mr Cutz is saying, the pump works well and offers a good feel, however I cannot compare back to back as I drove my Lude without PS for about 6 months.

Are you sure you can build a kit for 1k? you could easily spend 1k on the turbo, wastegate, manifold and exhaust? Let alone ancillaries, engine management, tuning, intercooler, pipework etc. What parts have you got in mind and what can you make yourself?

Cutz
My Generation: 4G
XBOX GamerTag: Masta Cutz

Post by Cutz » Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:57 pm

1. The turbo I can source for approximately £450 new (ideally with internal wastegate to save me £££££)
2. turbo manifold will be an OBX tubular, approx £170
3. injectors will be upgraded to reconditioned 450cc 4g63 injectors from a DSM or Talon (if needed), approx £100
4. Intercooler & pipework should be no more than £170
5. fuel pump should apparantly be ok (STD prelude) but i'll upgrade if necessary, along with fuel rail and FPR but only if necessary.
6. already have a full oil cooler setup.
7. will only need exhaust downpipe from the turbo which is approx £80
8. apexi FC already setup and fully tuned, will need a remap, approx £250 for my homies at Advanced Motorsport & Engineering.

all pipework and welding will be done by a mate so that's no issue at all.

like i said previously, i'm after a safe 260-270bhp so there's no need to go silly on the money i'm spending ;-)
Matt
Civic Type-22
Red-R Performance
http://www.red-r-performance.com

Return to “Tuning”