Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Quick question about pistons

No, not in the key of C. An H is likely involved though ...
Therealjj91
My Generation: 5G

Quick question about pistons

Post by Therealjj91 » Tue May 20, 2014 7:05 pm

Hey all ive brought some ATR pistons and rods to go into my a5 and what i'm wondering is will I have to resleeve the head for them to fit or will they just fit? And will I need new crank seals and if so where could I get them from?

Drax
My Generation: 4G

Post by Drax » Tue May 20, 2014 8:12 pm

Straight fit mate as far as i know, and putting in new gaskets and seals is always advisable. Where from, well some people will say Honda themselves but im sure there are websites that sell them, ill try and search in a bit for you.
2.2 JDM DOHC SI-VTEC LSD TCS 4WS ABS BB1 MANUAL 1992
FOR PAUL

Vtecmec
LotM Winner
My Generation: 4G
XBOX GamerTag: vtecmec

Post by Vtecmec » Tue May 20, 2014 9:22 pm

Don't you have to be mindful of the oversizing? Some pistons are A's and some are B's to accommodate variances in manufacturing tolerances. Your block will have a stamp on the top of the short block at the top right (as looked at from the front) which will say AAAA or BBBB (or a permutation of); you need to ensure that the A pistons go in the A cylinders and the B's in the B cylinders.

Personally, I'd only trust Honda crank seals, having just bought some myself (even though I have spare aftermarket) they'll cost about £35 for the pair, though the flywheel end is a bitch to fit correctly.

Therealjj91
My Generation: 5G

Post by Therealjj91 » Wed May 21, 2014 12:17 pm

Okay thank you very much for your help guys :)

Return to “Tuning”