Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Ecu..

No, not in the key of C. An H is likely involved though ...
GreenyUK
Supporter 2014
My Generation: 4G

Ecu..

Post by GreenyUK » Sat May 24, 2014 1:24 pm

Ok so I. Thinking of upgrading my Ecu in the not to distant future when I supporting mods.

After reading abit about which Ecu to use, I'm thinking the p28 will suit. Mapped with chrome or hondata etc.
so my question. Is there a certain type of p28 which I need? Do I need to look for certain numbers on it like you do when chipping a p13. Or will any old p28 do?
Donald wrote:I think the best bet is to probably all try to enter together.

RattyMcClelland
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: RattyMcClelland

Re: Ecu..

Post by RattyMcClelland » Sat May 24, 2014 1:50 pm

You can get a H-tune p28 ecu which is all ready socketed and good to go and just needs chrome to remap. Otherwise any p28 will do and you will need it socketed to enable it to be remapped.

GreenyUK
Supporter 2014

Post by GreenyUK » Sat May 24, 2014 2:00 pm

Right ok I'll have a look at that.
So I can get any p28 then send it to nucleustylzlude to socket it. So are the likes if hondata and chrome a chip that plugs into the socket? But are programmable?

How do you reprogram them as it's still odb1 so no port to plug into right?

Vtecmec
LotM Winner
XBOX GamerTag: vtecmec

Post by Vtecmec » Sat May 24, 2014 2:06 pm

GreenyUK wrote:So I can get any p28 then send it to nucleustylzlude to socket it. So are the likes if hondata and chrome a chip that plugs into the socket? But are programmable?

How do you reprogram them as it's still odb1 so no port to plug into right?
No, Rob only sells chips, I don't think he does any socketing work.

The hondata and chrome are not chips, but addons to the ecu, that allow programming and inputs to a chip.

GreenyUK
Supporter 2014

Post by GreenyUK » Sat May 24, 2014 2:12 pm

Ah right ok. The socket is the the cradle that a chip fits into to allow easy changing without desoldering isint?

Ok so it's new unit that's added in got you. Clever device, basically acts like a odb11 as in you just plug in to change a map then. Clever stuff.

Cheers folks

K30DPC
LotM Winner

Post by K30DPC » Sat May 24, 2014 2:50 pm

A little bit about preparing ECU for hondata can be found in my galery on page 9
Just scrool down the page.

Not all P28 are the same. I have two of them and there are quite big differences. Unlikely I have no idea from what cars they were taken of. Also there is two kinds of mainboard. I lost links (fcuking firefox) but on pgmfi or hondatech forums there is a lot of informations about this ECU.

Conversions arent complicated and most DIY info available on internet. The only problem you may find is getting correct parts. For my boost control I had to order transistors from US and postage was more them transistors itself.

And if you don't have decent solder iron and some good skills on it then DON'T try it. PCB is quite easy to damage and almost not possible to fix

Programming is also something like 'you have to know what ya doin'. Wrong maps can easily destroy your engine. I would recommend to find a person who will tune your car, then ask him what type of ECU tuning he prefer (CROME, HONDATA, other) and then prepare your P28. He may be also able to do whole job for you.

If you have enough money then you can buy something prepared (H-Tune) or even AEM comp. But if you aren't rich then do what I did.
ECU - 50GBP (bargain from ebay), Hondata S300 V3 - 369GBP (CPL RACING and they added all parts needed for socketing). Messed around by myself, and saved some for other bits and pieces

nucleustylzlude

Post by nucleustylzlude » Sat May 24, 2014 7:40 pm

Good info above but there is a little confusion in previous posts.

Have a read on the tuning section of my build, that should give you all the info you need:

http://www.ludegeneration.co.uk/post1911.html#p1911

:D

GreenyUK
Supporter 2014

Post by GreenyUK » Sat May 24, 2014 7:52 pm

Thanks for the info guys much appreciated.

Rob I'll have a look now

Return to “Tuning”