Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

E -manage

No, not in the key of C. An H is likely involved though ...
SiR Si
My Generation: 5G

Post by SiR Si » Tue May 01, 2012 8:32 pm

bristol_bb4 wrote: dude....u HAVE to make a profile thread :scaredtoss:
Yeah I really do, there is an old thread on Prelude UK...

http://preludeuk.forumup.com/viewtopic. ... =preludeuk

Donald
Supporter 2015
My Generation: 0G

Post by Donald » Tue May 01, 2012 9:14 pm

RattyMcClelland wrote:I will be using the Greddy E-manage Ultimate. Purely to keep ATTS and is "as good as" a stand alone ECU with its tunning capabilities. Well its really the only option to keep ATTS really on OBD2.
I'm gonna assume the same thinking applies to 4WS? Because eventually I'd like to do this kind of thing, but I'm such a 4WS cockpump I love it, wouldn't want to lose it...

mercutio
LotM Winner

Post by mercutio » Tue May 01, 2012 9:20 pm

the 4ws works with its own ecu and the abs sensors so it should be fine afaik
bristol_bb4 wrote:ahhh a 5th gen, i love 5th gens :D :lol:
Dino wrote:I loves the 5th gen really.... just dont quote me on it... ;)
4thgenphil wrote:Mines 4 1/4 unches mate, sorry

http://www.ludegeneration.co.uk/profile ... -t618.html

RattyMcClelland
PSN GamerTag: RattyMcClelland

Post by RattyMcClelland » Tue May 01, 2012 9:20 pm

Gorgon wrote:
RattyMcClelland wrote:I will be using the Greddy E-manage Ultimate. Purely to keep ATTS and is "as good as" a stand alone ECU with its tunning capabilities. Well its really the only option to keep ATTS really on OBD2.
I'm gonna assume the same thinking applies to 4WS? Because eventually I'd like to do this kind of thing, but I'm such a 4WS cockpump I love it, wouldn't want to lose it...
Err no. 4ws isnt connected to the engine ECU. ATTS is.

Donald
Supporter 2015
My Generation: 0G

Post by Donald » Tue May 01, 2012 9:28 pm

Oh cool :) I knew it had a separate thing but I thought it was connected and that did something or something... teaches me for reading topics on US forums where they can't figure out how to make it work :? Cheers guys.

skinny

Post by skinny » Wed May 02, 2012 5:57 pm

The AEM FIC looks great but i'm now wondering if might actually just be best to get an ECU re-map. you're probably looking at around £450 for the unit plus harness, and another £150 on a WBO2, and then either tune it yourself or spend another £200 on getting it done professionally on a rolling road. dastek is i think quite a similar unit to the AEM.

Whereas there are several outfits offering a remap on your stock ECU through the OBD-II port, including dyno tuning (i.e. not a generic map) with full control over spark timing and fuelling, and in most cases a before and after dyno printout. and these seem to be around the £250 mark, which is probably a bit better for what I need. I'll not be doing any further engine mods so shouldn't ever need to keep messing with the tune...

there's one in crawley which isn't too far away, Austec so might get in touch with them and see what they say.

I also like the sound of remap science but they're quite a way up north, and their mobile mapping i don't see how they can use a dyno for that (unless it's a mobile dyno?)

SiR Si

Post by SiR Si » Wed May 02, 2012 6:46 pm

Ah now that is interesting about the OBD-II mapping. I have a JDM 1997 5th gen and the ecu is from the change over period between OBD-I and ODB-II, called ODB2a.... which means that is not one or the other and is a real pain in the ass, traditionally I would have had to have done a ODB1 conversion and then used a socketed P72 ecu to map the car. But looks like I could also use a UK ODB-II ecu and then get that mapped.... :D :D

skinny

Post by skinny » Wed May 02, 2012 9:15 pm

have to say, i have no experience even 2nd hand of re-mapping the stock ECU through the OBD so don't know if it's any good...

hmm i just assumed i had a normal OBD-II... might have to check that out first :|
unless anyone knows straight off? 98 UKDM VTi

4thgenphil
Supporter 2016
My Generation: 4G

Post by 4thgenphil » Wed May 02, 2012 9:49 pm

bristol_bb4 wrote:
SiR Si wrote:I now run a turbonetic T3/T4 Turbo with big injectors and a 3bar greedy map sensor and the E-manage is coping just fine no problem at all with the map, and set-up is really versatile would recommend it. Currently making about 280Bhp.
dude....u HAVE to make a profile thread :scaredtoss:
its crap and over rated, really badly done, looks like a chimp fitted the turbo :?

only joking, looks OEM, really well done and i dont think a profile will do it justice
:thumbdown:

SiR Si

Post by SiR Si » Thu May 03, 2012 3:53 pm

4thgenphil wrote: its crap and over rated, really badly done, looks like a chimp fitted the turbo :?
:o :o :o :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :x :x
4thgenphil wrote: only joking, looks OEM, really well done and i dont think a profile will do it justice
HAHAH :D :D :D only just spotted this :roll: you had me going Phill hook line and sinker.... :D

Return to “Tuning”