Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

decat removal

No, not in the key of C. An H is likely involved though ...
bristol_bb4
LotM Winner
My Generation: 4G

Post by bristol_bb4 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:20 pm

nitin_s1 wrote:I was going to attempt on putting the De-cat on mines, jacked up the car and saw the bolts.. :cry: Most were rounded and rusty. :lol: Gave up.. :oops:
Mine looked like that when I first removed my exaust,smashed them about abit with a hammer and the majority of the rust fell off leaving half useable bolts

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:47 pm

bb1boy wrote:Makes sense but I can't fit a jack under my front bumper..
#

Drive the front of the car up onto some paving slabs or something first, to lift it enough to get the jack under.

nitin_s1
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: N171N

Post by nitin_s1 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:53 pm

bristol_bb4 wrote:
nitin_s1 wrote:I was going to attempt on putting the De-cat on mines, jacked up the car and saw the bolts.. :cry: Most were rounded and rusty. :lol: Gave up.. :oops:
Mine looked like that when I first removed my exaust,smashed them about abit with a hammer and the majority of the rust fell off leaving half useable bolts
I'll get the hammer out! :twisted:

bb1boy
XBOX GamerTag: adam fantastic

Post by bb1boy » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:27 pm

wurlycorner wrote:
bb1boy wrote:Makes sense but I can't fit a jack under my front bumper..
#

Drive the front of the car up onto some paving slabs or something first, to lift it enough to get the jack under.
Yeah, gonna get a couple of foot long pieces of 2x4

Merlin
PSN GamerTag: Merlinbadman

Post by Merlin » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:31 pm

Thebusofwoe wrote:Jack the front of the car up on the front of the subframe. There is a central front jack point. Get it up and then put the axel stands under the front sill jack points. :D
This is the best way IMO. That way you can leave the trolly jack in place and have three things supporting the weight.
BA8......... BB4......... BB8.........The JDM Muscle Bus

BMCC

Post by BMCC » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:08 am

Merlin wrote:This is the best way IMO. That way you can leave the trolly jack in place and have three things supporting the weight.
Exactly why I do it this way, you can't be too safe when you getting under a car. I would also say get axle stands with the highest weight rating you can afford, If 6 ton ones are available and not much more, go for these. ;)

Return to “Tuning”