Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Best way to drive this thing ?

No, not in the key of C. An H is likely involved though ...
Dbo
LotM Winner
My Generation: 4G

Post by Dbo » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:14 pm

Yes m8. D4 for everything ;)
1,2 and D3 i only ever used in icy /snow conditions, just gives you a bit of manuel control :P

dont be fooled by the sports button at your thumb ;) people think that is an overdrive for more power, it isn't ;)
when its on it uses more fuel and elongates the rev range between gears... so lets each gear rev higher like a racing gear, sort of :D good on the motorway but not round town :P

just test it out on the motorway and you will feel the longer time between auto changes 8-)

paul bristol uk

Post by paul bristol uk » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:22 pm

Lude-baz wrote:Lol and it be all good on my gearbox n clutch lol
You don't have a clutch in an Auto. I have a 4th gen auto and it is great to drive. As said just forget you have a left foot. Just stick it in D4 and forget the rest the car will do it for you.(obviously not reverse) I don't even use the handbrake ,I just shove it into park and leave it. It should hold its position on hills or just creep slowly forward on the flat with your foot off the pedals.
I have kleptomania,
But when it gets bad,
I take something for it.

Ted

Post by Ted » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:47 pm

drive it like this

Lude-baz

Re: Best way to drive this thing ?

Post by Lude-baz » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:57 pm

Lol Im going to enjoy this on manual I'm quite harsh pulling the gear stick up down lol sometimes it gets stuck so this be better, my mates dad used to have a 3G and he used to drive so slow it was like crusing lol every morning to school

Supermarine Blues
My Generation: 5G

Post by Supermarine Blues » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:46 am

mercutio wrote:just forget about your left leg don't use it at all or you will end up standing it on its nose lol
It takes practice, but left-foot braking allows one to get back on the power quicker once the apex of the corner is reached. Bit like a Kart...

I find that manual mode (flappy paddles) in the Legend locks up each gear, so there is no horrible sloppy torque converter losses and the throttle-adjustment to the vector mid-corner is just like a manual Honda. Helped by the SH-AWD, I got a lovely tail slide off a wet roundabout the other day. I do miss the 4WS handiness of my 'Lude though; it felt smaller than a Mini.

But practice left-foot braking carefully, on an empty road, using just your big toe. Clutch pedals are much heavier!

Lude-baz

Post by Lude-baz » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:56 am

Thanks super marine blues. Il try that and see how I go Im hoping to be sensible with this lol even though its reliable than peugeot I want to look after it my jap beauty thanks guys for you help do appriciate what you guys have told me

paul bristol uk

Post by paul bristol uk » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:18 am

I also use both feet but it takes practise to get it right or you end up riding the brakes as well. Not really the advise I would give to some one just starting out on an auto. When you are happy with one foot driving that is the time to experiment.
I have kleptomania,
But when it gets bad,
I take something for it.

Lude-baz

Post by Lude-baz » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:02 pm

Thanks Paul il try out one foot first once I'm happy il do two foot, first ever auto so I took it on the drive and brakes n I went forward though oh wont try that one again

lewd lude lover
Supporter 2015
My Generation: 5G

Post by lewd lude lover » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:47 pm

only way you can use both feet for normal driving is if you have never used a manual and trained in an auto. otherwise its with loads of practice at high speeds or its head through the window. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Left foot = clutch pump with no sensitivity for most people.

Auto's are for lazy driving so only one foot needs to be used :D
6th gen Prelude please Mr Honda. RWD 2.4 turbo lude.

Lude-baz

Re: Best way to drive this thing ?

Post by Lude-baz » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:41 pm

Lol one foot driving who would have thought, so all u have to do is increase and decreae the accelerator and only use brake if I need to but the accelerator will do most of the work

Return to “Tuning”