Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Insurance

Deals and suggestions specially for you lot
David.slough
My Generation: 4G

Insurance

Post by David.slough » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:19 pm

Not sure if this is new or just the norm, but thought I would share anyway.

I took out insurance today with Adrian Flux and they quoted me on a "Cherished vehicle" policy, so the premium came in really low as the prelude is now classed as a classic car 8-)

They also offered a "agreed vehicle valuation" for £15 so the insurance company and I agree up front what my car is worth rather than Market value should I need to claim.

As I say you're all probably aware already but thought I would share just in case.
Proud owner of a 4th Gen BB4
序曲 Prelude to War

Pushki
Supporter 2015
PSN GamerTag: Luigi_Black

Post by Pushki » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:39 pm

I was unaware the Prelude was classed as a classic car. I thought it had to be 20 or 25 years old.
I have mine insured for a set amount. It's still only half of what I believe it to be worth. :(
ImageImageImage

Roystan
XBOX GamerTag: Natsyor

Post by Roystan » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:19 am

Is the classic car insurance much cheaper?

David.slough

Post by David.slough » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:33 am

Well I was quoted upto £1,100 for fully comp through the normal insurance muggles and with the Cherished car policy I was down to £418 so quite a bit cheaper.

I just looked on the policy and its "Cherished Car" rather than "Classic Car" so I may have mis quoted in my last post, plus not sure of the difference between the two :oops:
Proud owner of a 4th Gen BB4
序曲 Prelude to War

Dbo
LotM Winner

Post by Dbo » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:59 pm

this is quite a funny one this. my friend used to own a mini workshop and he had 2 show mini's both mk1's, one was 27 years old and tax exempt but for concourse reasons it still had to be insured (even though trailored to shows when it was taken off the trailor and driven into the show arena had to be covered) this was on classic car insurance. the other was 23 years old and could not be deemed as "classic" so they said he could have "cherished car" insurance but you have to state what the car would be doing eg: if a daily driver how many miles a year, this car too was trailored to shows (to keep the milage as low as possible) so you need to watch the policy restrictions. both his policy's he could tailor to his own needs, so he could insure for a day, a week, a month or all year as long as he never went over the agreed milage. so while cheaper read the small print and make sure everything is listed and true (you can't slam around in a shed and tell them it's a pristine show car)

Return to “Special Offers & Recommendations”