Congratulations to Greg for winning February's Lude Of The Month, with his face-lift BA4 >>> Click Here For Profile <<<
Image

Honda Prelude 2.2 Motegi - Need this gone £2250

Selling a car? Stick it in this section
Post Reply
User avatar
Aaron14P
Posts: 282
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:25 pm
My Generation: 5G
Been thanked: 1 time

Honda Prelude 2.2 Motegi - Need this gone £2250

Post by Aaron14P » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:16 pm

I have just copied the details from my eBay advert as it contains all the necessary information even though you may have read my profile thread!

Its covered 81,500 miles and has a Full service history. I brought the car back in May time as a bit of a project car (also use it as my daily)

the bodywork is in reasonable condition for its age - there is a small bubble on one of the arches, the bonnet has quite a few stone chips, the spoiler has 3 spots of lacquer peel - it would probably benefit from a full respray at some point to be honest - though its not desperate.

It had brand new coilovers fitted yesterday along with the geometry all done and also a couple of upper ball joints were replaced. I had new tyers all round fitted no less than 1500 miles ago

All 4 alloys were refurbished

I have brought a new rocker cover that 's been freshly sprayed in gold paint that will come with the sale (can send a picture if needed)

Service history -

21.11.01 - 6509 Miles - Phoenix Honda
21.11.02 - 12615 Miles - Phoenix Honda
27.09.03 - 17878 Miles - Phoenix Honda
16.10.04 - 24342 Miles - Phoenix Honda
13,10.05 - 29202 Miles - Phoenix Honda
25.10.07 - 39550 Miles - Burns Motor Engineering
23.10.08 - 45598 Miles - Burns Motor Engineering
09.10.09 - 51104 Miles - Burns Motor Engineering
22.10.10 - 56309 Miles - Burns Motor Engineering
21.10.11 - 61021 Miles - Burns Motor Engineering
26.10.12 - 66217 Miles - Burns Motor Engineering
30.10.13 - 70299 Miles - Burns Motor Engineering
22.10.14 - 72409 Miles - Burns Motor Engineering
28.10.15 - 74993 Miles - Burns Motor Engineering
04.12.15 - New timing belt / Tensioner / water pump

It was then kept off road from 2016 - 2019 by the guy i brought it off who was a Honda Enthusiast and had previously owned NSX's, Integra's etc.

In feb 2019 it had both rear inner arches done as well as being undersealed, you can also see the lower rear arches have also been done. There is a load of invoices for work that has been completed over the years.

Comes with 3 keys + the red Honda Key also.

Interior is in reasonable condition - no rips / tears just requires a good clean as its the cream interior and it looks a bit dull (think the first owner was an avid smoker) - will upload photos of this soon.

The reason for me selling it is as below -

I brought some brand new coilovers (MeisterR) for the car and whilst having them fitted further issues became apparent than i had first realised (a lot of seized bolts) - whilst they are not serious issues its something that will cost a fair amount in labour that i didn't anticipate and as i'm not mechanically inclined the work that is required are not things i have the know-how or time to do myself -

- both front calipers need replacing
- Suspension bushes need replacing
- Fuel tank has rusted and needs replacing
- both rear calipers need replacing
- front discs need replacing

The car is a Cat D - i have pictures of the damage that i can send - it was literally just a the front wing that was damaged and this was replaced.

NEED THIS GONE AS I HAVE A NEW CAR AND NEED THE SPACE ON THE DRIVE - £2250
Image

Image
Last edited by Aaron14P on Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:35 am, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
Sailor
Supporter 2016
Posts: 3062
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:36 pm
My Generation: 5G
Location: Hampshire
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 27 times

Honda Prelude 2.2 Motegi - Manual

Post by Sailor » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:36 pm

Update?

Surely you mean 'post'?

:)
International Pensioner of Mystery

User avatar
Aaron14P
Posts: 282
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:25 pm
My Generation: 5G
Been thanked: 1 time

Honda Prelude 2.2 Motegi - Manual

Post by Aaron14P » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:24 pm

Sailor wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:36 pm
Update?

Surely you mean 'post'?

:)
:lol: i was at work and made the thread then realised i needed my laptop to complete it!

User avatar
Aaron14P
Posts: 282
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:25 pm
My Generation: 5G
Been thanked: 1 time

Honda Prelude 2.2 Motegi - Manual

Post by Aaron14P » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:48 pm

Will listen to offers as I have identified a new car I would like!

newkid
Supporter 2016
Posts: 2573
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:28 pm
My Generation: 4G
PSN GamerTag: spaz_ma_taz
Location: Edinburgh
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Honda Prelude 2.2 Motegi - Manual

Post by newkid » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:09 am

I think the issue you have is alot of what needs doing aren't small jobs and would cost any buyer a decent amount on top of the purchase price. Even doing it yourself won't be cheap.

Also factor in going by the service history a belt replacement being due soon an that price increases again.

Your best bet is to possibly getting some of the issues sorted.

User avatar
Aaron14P
Posts: 282
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:25 pm
My Generation: 5G
Been thanked: 1 time

Honda Prelude 2.2 Motegi - Manual

Post by Aaron14P » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:52 am

newkid wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:09 am
I think the issue you have is alot of what needs doing aren't small jobs and would cost any buyer a decent amount on top of the purchase price. Even doing it yourself won't be cheap.

Also factor in going by the service history a belt replacement being due soon an that price increases again.

Your best bet is to possibly getting some of the issues sorted.
Yeah I agree it's almost certainly off-putting :(

Ive put it on auction on eBay! The reserve is set at £2750 though I am open to offers!

User avatar
km666
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 1:07 pm
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: fargoneonone
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Honda Prelude 2.2 Motegi - Manual

Post by km666 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:27 pm

Interesting to hear a bit more, i've seen this one on eBay. Mines currently having the bush work done and rear brake + handbrake replacement (it failed its MOT badly on those areas, I cant press bushes in so let the garage crack on with that) following on from a timing belt and oil seal refresh. Given my low purchase price and the relatively high cost of the work seeing how the values of manuals are stabilising is a huge releif.

Scott560
Posts: 613
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:44 pm
My Generation: 5G
Location: Didcot
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 27 times

Honda Prelude 2.2 Motegi - Manual

Post by Scott560 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:44 pm

It will be interesting to see what the price settles on and whether the buyer actually buys at that price when they turn up. Anyone who bids with their fingers only into the 4 figures without viewing generally starts to get risky as to whether the deal goes through or not. There was a silver one not so long back on ebay, similar mileage, nicer add and pictures, and that was around for about a month at the 3.2k mark i think as a classified ad.

It's hard to put a value on things - the cost to do the work by a handy enthusiast is relatively minimal. It would not surprise me if someone buys it simply to do the few hundred quid of work, and put it back up for sale.

Good luck with the sale though - I understand that you can't keep it for various reasons but i think your going to take a hit in the wallet for it :(
'00 UKDM 2.2VTI H22a8
'97 UKDM 2.2VTi (Gone)

User avatar
Aaron14P
Posts: 282
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:25 pm
My Generation: 5G
Been thanked: 1 time

Honda Prelude 2.2 Motegi - Manual

Post by Aaron14P » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:24 pm

km666 wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:27 pm
Interesting to hear a bit more, i've seen this one on eBay. Mines currently having the bush work done and rear brake + handbrake replacement (it failed its MOT badly on those areas, I cant press bushes in so let the garage crack on with that) following on from a timing belt and oil seal refresh. Given my low purchase price and the relatively high cost of the work seeing how the values of manuals are stabilising is a huge releif.
Yeah its obviously a given with older cars to be honest, but its like others have said unless you can do the majority of the work yourself its always going to be expensive. which is what i have finally realise unfortunately! :(

User avatar
Aaron14P
Posts: 282
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:25 pm
My Generation: 5G
Been thanked: 1 time

Honda Prelude 2.2 Motegi - Manual

Post by Aaron14P » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:26 pm

Scott560 wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:44 pm
It will be interesting to see what the price settles on and whether the buyer actually buys at that price when they turn up. Anyone who bids with their fingers only into the 4 figures without viewing generally starts to get risky as to whether the deal goes through or not. There was a silver one not so long back on ebay, similar mileage, nicer add and pictures, and that was around for about a month at the 3.2k mark i think as a classified ad.

It's hard to put a value on things - the cost to do the work by a handy enthusiast is relatively minimal. It would not surprise me if someone buys it simply to do the few hundred quid of work, and put it back up for sale.

Good luck with the sale though - I understand that you can't keep it for various reasons but i think your going to take a hit in the wallet for it :(
Thats always the issued with eBay, there is a lot of time wasters on there! I did spot that Prelude actually, it needed a small amount of work too - i'm unsure if it sold or not though.

Thank you, yeah its a HUGE hit to the wallet but i guess i need to look at the bigger picture, which is a shame!

Post Reply

Return to “Cars for sale”