Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

4th Gen 2.2 For Sale

Selling a car? Stick it in this section
EddieMunster
My Generation: 5G

4th Gen 2.2 For Sale

Post by EddieMunster » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:24 pm

ATR84 wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:20 pm
I am assuming it is the part that says there are no issues with rust because the arches have been done. The problem is the new arches are clearly rusty in the pictures.
Actually, you're wrong; the passenger side has no rust, the driver's side has a few tiny spots, on the outer lip, that has appeared since it was put away in the summer (when most of these pictures were taken). It hasn't gone through the metal, it hasn't gone to the inner arch, and it hasn't gone to the sill.

However, on the basis that this has halved the value of the car, and that fact that I've always been honest, I'll have the spots properly treated and removed, and properly repainted to an OEM standard.
5g 2.2 Motegi in Blue.

EddieMunster

4th Gen 2.2 For Sale

Post by EddieMunster » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:27 pm

Dino wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:19 pm
Its very descriptive and you dont see many adverts go into that much detail.
And that's why I have 100% feedback on absolutely everything I've ever sold. Anything that I notice that isn't right is repaired, properly and immediately, and that's why the tiny rust marks that have appeared since the Honda was put away will be properly addressed in the same manner that I've dealt with everything else.
5g 2.2 Motegi in Blue.

ATR84
XBOX GamerTag: mike84n

4th Gen 2.2 For Sale

Post by ATR84 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:05 pm

@EddieMunster I didn't mean to cause offence but what I would say is that those arches must be a maximum of 4 years old, it may be coming from the inside.

EddieMunster

4th Gen 2.2 For Sale

Post by EddieMunster » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:23 pm

ATR84 wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:05 pm
@EddieMunster I didn't mean to cause offence but what I would say is that those arches must be a maximum of 4 years old, it may be coming from the inside.
I didn't think you were, no need to apologise, but as soon as you pointed that out, I went and checked with a torch and there was indeed some surface rust. When it was MOT'd it was on the inspection ramp, and I had a good look around and the sills/arches were fine. I don't like to mislead people, I hate it when people do it to me, and so the instant I noticed the rust this evening I contacted the guy that's painted a few of my other classic cars and arranged to take the Honda to him tomorrow to have those bits addressed; if it needs metal then metal it'll get.

I trust people, and foolishly I bought it blind as I trusted the seller; in short, he shafted me, and whilst I don't mind fiddling with cars it probably added another £1k to the work in order to put everything right. I'll go as far to say that he had a bent MOT, there's no way it could have passed with the ABS and 4ws issue, never mind the failing shocks, the damaged tyres.

Some people are dishonest and it's in their nature to con people, I'd rather be caught out from time to time by those people but know that I'm not one of them, even if it does cost me more time and money.
5g 2.2 Motegi in Blue.

ATR84

4th Gen 2.2 For Sale

Post by ATR84 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:38 am

@EddieMunster Glad to hear you will look to get it sorted, it is just strange that new arches would be rusting already. You can tell these are new panels by the fitment.

When I sold it the arches had probably been done at somepoint but not with aftermarket panels, it was just new metal welded in I believe. There was only one small bubble on one of the arches at that stage, but like I say this was back in 2015.

The car also had quite a few modifications on, mostly during my ownership and fitted by Performance Autoworks, including DC sports manifold (looks like that is still there), Skunk2 exhaust, Meister R coilovers, wind deflectors etc. The wheels were also not standard but they were on the car when I bought it, my long term plan was always to put standard wheels back on it.

Here is a pic of it:

EddieMunster

4th Gen 2.2 For Sale

Post by EddieMunster » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:59 am

ATR84 wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:38 am
@EddieMunster Glad to hear you will look to get it sorted, it is just strange that new arches would be rusting already. You can tell these are new panels by the fitment.
Almost everything that'd been done to it was reversed, save for the manifold. I did find evidence of some mods, including the ARB mounts on the rear which were larger than standard, and I decided to leave the manifold as I couldn't find a nice original one at the time when I had the top end off to do the other work.

The previous owner to me wasn't just under-zealous with the truth, the MOT supplied was absolutely, without question bent. It had the ABS/4ws fault, and having removed it and reconditioned it all, it took several weeks to work out that amongst other things the wrong sensors were fitted; the dash was lit like a Christmas tree, it wasn't as though you couldn't see that there was an issue. The suspension was in such a poor state too, it had been put back to "standard" and every top mount and bearing was knackered, and you could hear it too; it knocked on every corner, there was so much play on the wheel/strut that a jemmy was able to pull it out of shape so much that each corner would have been an immediate MOT failure. Granted, the cheap nasty tyres could have been changed after that MOT, but the alarm bells rang when it turned up with Rama-lama-ding-dongs on it, I knew I was going to have to reach into my pocket.

I knew that the car would have been known, and that's partly the reason the eBay advert was so specific, as I knew there'd be people that would have known about its faults and I felt obliged to show that each and every one of them had been put right, and put right properly too. Indeed, one of the previous owners emailed me to gloat about what I had to do to put it right since their ownership...... which was nice of them.
5g 2.2 Motegi in Blue.

ATR84

4th Gen 2.2 For Sale

Post by ATR84 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:56 am

@EddieMunster seems like it fell into poor ownership sometime after I sold it. When I sold it, no warning lights at all, everything worked, I didn't really want to sell it truth be told but personal circumstances at the time dictated that I had to.

It sounds like bar one of the arches the car is in very good condition mechanically and cosmetically so you should be able to sell it so good luck with it and I hope it goes to a good home :thumbup:

RattyMcClelland
PSN GamerTag: RattyMcClelland

4th Gen 2.2 For Sale

Post by RattyMcClelland » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:56 pm

Easily one of the cleanest 4th Gens for sale despite minor arch niggles. A facelift UKDM basically fully loaded is a rare sight.

Where in Moleicester are you? I'm in Loughborough a little less molesty.

EddieMunster

4th Gen 2.2 For Sale

Post by EddieMunster » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:27 pm

RattyMcClelland wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:56 pm
Easily one of the cleanest 4th Gens for sale despite minor arch niggles. A facelift UKDM basically fully loaded is a rare sight.

Where in Moleicester are you? I'm in Loughborough a little less molesty.
I'm actually near Market Bosworth, so far enough outside of Leicester to avoid its fall-out.. :-)

The arches are booked in for a week Monday, the major part really is the edge contours on the rolling around the complete arches to make them factory-spec. The 4g is going so that I can do a proper job on the 5g...:-)
5g 2.2 Motegi in Blue.

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?
My Generation: 4G

4th Gen 2.2 For Sale

Post by wurlycorner » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:10 pm

Good on you looking to get them sorted before selling it :thumbup:

Return to “Cars for sale”