Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

1999 Prelude 5g

Selling a car? Stick it in this section
ek9sid
Supporter 2015
My Generation: 5G

1999 Prelude 5g

Post by ek9sid » Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:49 pm

Hi all.

Due to an upcoming change in circumstances (new job) my prelude has to go. I need something more at home on motorways and that I don't mind putting a shed load of miles on.

The car

It's a 1999 Prelude VTi in Night Hawk Black with a manual gearbox. It has fully functioning 4ws. No warning lights are on the dash. I has the wood effect interior with heated fabric front seats, air con, cruise control etc.

Good stuff

The car in general is very clean. The bodywork is straight and has a few extras/modifications:

ATR alloys (repainted purple) with centre caps - both of which I got from Nitin. These have nearly new tyres all round (only been on for about 300 miles).
ATR front brake setup with 300mm MTEC drilled and grooved discs and brembo pads. These were installed around 350 miles ago. The calipers were rebuilt using new seals, boots and pistons (and painted black) before installation. The carriers have had new slider pins with new boots as well but unfortunately couldn't get them painted so are still red. Rear brakes have had new slider pins fitted as well.
Goodridge braided brake lines. Installed around 10 miles ago.
Lowered on lowering springs from what I can see. They're yellow in colour but that's all I know.
Just had its headlights cleaned and polished up so look really good. They are installed with an HID kit by a previous owner. They shine a bluish colour so presuming they are around 8000K.
Front fog lights. They work and look to be oem parts.
K&N induction kit. The filter sits just behind the battery.
Sony wx-gt90bt head unit. Very handy thing. Just missing the microphone so can't hold phone conversations through it, and the remote (but who needs that?)
Apart from that, I think everything is standard.

It's just passed it's mot so the mot is due February 2017. For this it needed a new upper arm as the ball joint had play in it. It also had the rear brakes freed off and adjusted. I also got the garage to replace the exhaust system as that was damaged and rotten. It has also had a new brake pipe that goes from the abs modulator(?) to the drivers side rear brake as the old one had split. This was done by myself using cupro nickel pipe.

Rear arches are really clean. There's a small 5p sized patch of bubbling coming through above the rear bumper. I will photo this.

Bad bits

As mentioned, the small bit of bubbling.
The front bumper and to a certain degree the bonnet both have some stone chips.
The radiator stay brackets are held in with cable ties at the moment. But will get them refitted with bolts.
There are numerous car park dings. As there is no parking area at my house, I have to leave the car in a college car park so people have opened doors onto the prelude. I will try to get pictures of them. I really would like to get them taken out before the sale but will have to see if I can.
When cold, the gearbox crunches slightly going into 5th. When warm however, it is fine. No difficulty selecting any gears.
For some reason, a previous owner has replaced the h22a8 with an H22A2 from (I believe) a 4G. Now, it runs absolutely fine. My plans were to build an a8 and drop it in but I can't do that now. I will, however, include all the parts that I have gathered for this engine. This consists of block, crank and girdle, full head. Only things required will be pistons, rods, bearings, head gasket, timing belt, tensioner etc, oil pump, water pump. I may be able to rob some of those parts off an h22a or an h22a7 that I have lying around.

Looking for £1750 ono. Or would be open to px/swap

Any questions or issues, please feel free to hit me up.

I will take some photos once I've given it a wash.

Return to “Cars for sale”