Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Lovely 3G Prelude for sale 62k genuine from new

Selling a car? Stick it in this section
Stevenbarn
My Generation: 3G

Post by Stevenbarn » Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:00 pm

Hi Aaron, If you let me have your email address I will try to send pics. Cheers

Stevenbarn

Post by Stevenbarn » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:05 pm

Hi Aaron, been busy, will try to email pics soon. Thanks for email address.

Stevenbarn

Re: Lovely 3G Prelude for sale 62k genuine from new

Post by Stevenbarn » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:52 am

To add some relevant information about my red 3rd Gen Prelude 2.0 EX, which is for sale:

The registration plate is H564 CWV (which I remember by using the words "Car With Vintage"!

The elderly gentleman who sold her to me told me he kept her garaged for all 25 years of ownership. The seats all had car seat covers on for the whole time! Hence the seats look like new seats! He was reluctant to sell her to me as I don't have a garage! However, at about 89 years of age he has now stopped driving and was relieved to sell to someone who loves Preludes.

I very rarely use her for short, "around town" trips and generally only use her for motorway miles, where I tend to sit at about 65mph, although she is very comfortable at high speeds and accelerates well. I have only added about 1500 miles to her since I've owned her. Among the big bundle of history is a timing belt change receipt at 56989 (27 Feb 2013).

The idling isn't 100 percent and could probably do with adjusting, but this has not caused me a problem and she drives beautifully, as smooth as silk, so I haven't had anyone look at the idling yet. My plan was to have that done at the same time as I need to take her to a garage for anything else, e.g. Mot (which has until 14th November to run). If I don't sell her, I will happily drive her to eastern Europe next Spring; I just feel an estate car would be more practical, as it will allow me to take more stuff with me....ironic really, when part of the reason I'm moving is to live a simpler life, with less stuff!

She has covered just over 62000 miles, in 25 years and I'm only the second owner from new, she comes with a decent set of Yokohama tyres (which hold and corner extremely well), original Honda wheels, not alloys. I was going to get a decent set of alloys at some point (i.e. when the tyres need changing) but the original Honda hub caps look fine anyway. If I keep her that's probably what I will do...i.e.when I change the tyres. Having said that, the tyres are a quality brand and have many miles to go, so that gives the new owner some decent options.

The wiper blades, while working, sometimes take an extra second or so to return to the bottom of the screen when used on the first setting (i.e. Slowest/intermittent) setting. All seems fine on the faster settings.

Under the bonnet looks exceptionally good and the previous owner told me the (Bosch) battery is recent, although I couldn't find a receipt to confirm this. It looks fairly new to me and always starts first time, every time.

3 sets of keys, handbook, lots of history, including Honda main dealer. I am still trying to get photos uploaded, downloaded or side-loaded but I am rubbish with techy stuff...I will get someone to help me sort this out soon.

I've probably missed out some stuff but basically...She looks lovely, drives lovely and is lovely...a lot of decent Prelude for the money.

Please feel free to contact me, no obligation at all. Actually, some feedback on my posts would be welcomed, as I'm not sure if I'm posting correctly, in the correct way, place etc...don't really understand bumping and all the rest of it! I'm on 01702 624 589 and 07951 283 558. Oh, and by the way, thanks to Lude Gen for existing and allowing me to post on here...much appreciated. Don't you just love Preludes!!

Stevenbarn

Post by Stevenbarn » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:28 pm

Is anyone able to help me with understanding how this works. I added info to my post and when I go to "new posts" to view it, I can only see it by scrolling down the screen and clicking onto the next page...and there it is at the very bottom.

How would anyone know to look there? Shouldn't new posts/ updated info etc. appear at the top? Changing my name from Steve to Constantly Confused!

bennyboy
Art Mechanic
My Generation: 4G
PSN GamerTag: OCbennyboy

Post by bennyboy » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:43 pm

Hi Steve, what you've done is added a New Post to the end of the 'thread', which is fine.
If you want that info in your original post, you can 'edit' the original post itself, by clicking that button, then paste this info into it and hit submit again.

Hope this helps.
The car sounds great by the way, I'm actually kind of glad I don't have anywhere to keep it or I think I'd be calling you myself... :lol:
UKDM BB1 H22A8 NH561P 244bhp 173lbft

'Nigella'

www.benaskem.co.uk

Greg

Post by Greg » Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:28 pm

Still no pics :?: :shock: make me look positively well organized

bennyboy
Art Mechanic
My Generation: 4G
PSN GamerTag: OCbennyboy

Post by bennyboy » Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:41 pm

Greg, bear with Steve, this sort of stuff is very new to him and he's trying his best. ;)
I have no doubt there'll be some pics up in due course. 8-)
UKDM BB1 H22A8 NH561P 244bhp 173lbft

'Nigella'

www.benaskem.co.uk

mercutio
LotM Winner
My Generation: 5G

Post by mercutio » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:40 pm

Greg wrote:Still no pics :?: :shock: make me look positively well organized
aint that the truth :lol: :lol: :lol:
bristol_bb4 wrote:ahhh a 5th gen, i love 5th gens :D :lol:
Dino wrote:I loves the 5th gen really.... just dont quote me on it... ;)
4thgenphil wrote:Mines 4 1/4 unches mate, sorry

http://www.ludegeneration.co.uk/profile ... -t618.html

3rd_gen_Aaron

Post by 3rd_gen_Aaron » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:23 pm

Steven sent me this one. I'll try and get more up when they are sent over.

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]
Last edited by 3rd_gen_Aaron on Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mercutio
LotM Winner
My Generation: 5G

Post by mercutio » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:13 pm

looks in good nick 8-)
bristol_bb4 wrote:ahhh a 5th gen, i love 5th gens :D :lol:
Dino wrote:I loves the 5th gen really.... just dont quote me on it... ;)
4thgenphil wrote:Mines 4 1/4 unches mate, sorry

http://www.ludegeneration.co.uk/profile ... -t618.html

Return to “Cars for sale”