Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

1998 2.2 Vti Prelude in Black, Motegi, auto

Selling a car? Stick it in this section
LudeLuke
My Generation: 5G

1998 2.2 Vti Prelude in Black, Motegi, auto

Post by LudeLuke » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:37 pm

Hi,

I am selling my 1998 2.2 Vti Prelude and thought I would try here first. I used to be on the old Prelude UK site when I first got it but it looks like its stop being used now.

I have had the car since 2008 and it’s been really reliable and a lot of fun to drive but am selling now due to a new job that requires a 200 mile a week commute and this just uses too much fuel, got to get a diesel sadly...

Black 1998 2.2 Vti Prelude

4 wheel steering (fully working)

Automatic triptronic (the gear box was replaced earlier in its life and works perfectly)

118,115 miles (may go up slightly but I have already got a diesel Civic Type S to replace it with so not by much)

Cam belt changed at 86k miles

Mot until 30/05/17

The car drives solidly with no mechanical issues. Vtec range pulls hard. The car was in daily use until this week with no issues

New brake pads all round plus new rear discs at the last MOT

One rear tyre is close to the limit so will need replacing soon (the one tyre that isnt a P Zero)

After market air filter (see photo, which was on the car when I got it). Stainless steel Power Flow exhaust (cat back) not too loud but sounds good

All electrics in the car work including windows and sun roof, heater, cruise control etc. The air con does need to be charged though

Interior is clean with no rips or wear on the seats, the interior dash and door panels have been changed from the fake walnut dash plastic to matt black

Sony stereo with usb and 3.5mm jack input

The main issues are around the body work. Rust has started to come through on the rear arches and around the key on the boot. The rust has started recently and is just bubbling up under the paint

There are scuffs on each corner and stone chips to the front of the car. See photos, it is 18 years old and has been parked on the street

The wheels have some kerbing marks and a little corrosion

There is a mark to the carpet in the boot where some oil leaked from a bottle

3 previous owners before me

Looking for £1100 ono

I’m based in Hove BN3 Please let me know if you have any questions, PM me and I can give out my number.

Thanks Luke

Instagram - @BB6VTI
Current -
BB6 VTI manual H22a8 in Crystal blue
Civic FN2 Type R

Past
Civic FN3 Type S
BB8 VTI auto in Nighthawk black

Return to “Cars for sale”