Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

1999 Honda Prelude 2.2 vti, vtec, 4ws - H22A8

Selling a car? Stick it in this section
BrokenSpring
My Generation: 5G
XBOX GamerTag: RyZer12M

1999 Honda Prelude 2.2 vti, vtec, 4ws - H22A8

Post by BrokenSpring » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:52 pm

Hello All

It's with a sad and heavy heart that i am listing pride and joy. The prelude is such a fun car and is genuinely enjoyable to drive each and every time. The child in me that loves speed feels like he’s driving a Ferrari or Lambo.
I am about to be a father (18th Feb) and the prelude refuses to accommodate a baby seat. I purchased it a year and 4 months ago with the aim of getting it fully cleaned up engine wise and having some track day fun with it. Since i have owned it all the work on it has been done by Vtec Direct.

The car
1999 Honda Prelude 2.2 vti , 4ws , vtec , petrol, manual , sunroof, cruise control, Type-S intake
H22A8 engine in really good shape
132K miles on the clock
Vtec kicks in as it should and pulls strong, and no smoking that I can see
Car has all the mot certificates with it and all the receipts for the work I have done
4 New Eagle F1 tyres about 8 months ago
I have only ever run it on Vpower
The 4ws works with no issue
Interior in great condition, no rips in any of the material
Spare wheel and Original tool kit and scissor jack
Comes with the red key(unopened), the grey key and the 2 black ones
Paint is mostly ok but as with any older car it does have a few stone chips

History
In my ownership I have not spared any expense and have done lots of work to get the engine singing and back to its original newness.
- Cam belt, balance belt and auto tensioner done
- All aux belts done
- Vtec solenoid gasket and cam end seal
- Full engine cover gasket seal set
- New fuel filter
- New o2 sensor 500 miles ago
- Strip and clean all brakes
- All brake and clutch fluid bled and replaced
- Gearbox oil change
- New disks and pads all round a year ago
- 3 full engine oil changes
- New hamp shortie oil filter
- Valve clearances
- Some grinding and welding on the lower arches

Bad Points
As with any older car it does come with a few bits to note
- The dreaded rear arches are starting to show. It has a slight bit of bubbling on the rear arches. In Dec I had a bit of welding done on the lower portion of the arches and just have not got round to tackling the top.
- The Type-S intake rubber section at the top is starting to perish. I have sourced a replacement hose and have a doner pipe for the cable management, but again just not had time to replace.

Asking Price
I am hoping with all the work i have had done to get around £1100 for the car but am open to offers and negotiations
Or happy to swap for an Accord Type R :)
Thank you for looking, please get in touch in this thread or PM me if you are interested.

Tinypic wont let me upload any pics at the moment so i have stuck all of them on Dropbox
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7exfgg78y9t1 ... 7MFVa?dl=0
Last edited by BrokenSpring on Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:51 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Offloading 5th Gen bits.

damon

Post by damon » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:36 pm

You can get a baby seat in the back, I use to use mine when my eldest daughter was born but once you have two kids kicking drokk out the seats then it's time to get a different car lol.

BrokenSpring

Post by BrokenSpring » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:30 pm

damon wrote:You can get a baby seat in the back, I use to use mine when my eldest daughter was born but once you have two kids kicking drokk out the seats then it's time to get a different car lol.
Wish ours fit in the car. With it in the back the passenger sits licking the front windscreen. :cry: sad times.
Offloading 5th Gen bits.

damon

Post by damon » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:40 pm

BrokenSpring wrote:
damon wrote:You can get a baby seat in the back, I use to use mine when my eldest daughter was born but once you have two kids kicking drokk out the seats then it's time to get a different car lol.
Wish ours fit in the car. With it in the back the passenger sits licking the front windscreen. :cry: sad times.
Is the passenger your missus? If so then let her lick the window gives you something to laugh about :lol:

SOLUDE

Re: 1999 Honda Prelude 2.2 vti, vtec, 4ws - H22A8

Post by SOLUDE » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:10 pm

Hi, is it the rear facing seat for babies that won't fit? they do take loads of room lengthwise.. I know a forward facing one for toddler/3-4+ years fits.. it's one of the things that appeals to me. With a 4yr old, means I'll get more use of a lude than a pure 2 seater.
Great car and spec by the way, having looked at quite a few now I think it's worth that but prices are all over the place so I'm a rubbish judge. :roll:
Good luck and congratulations on the family.

Sailor
Supporter 2016
My Generation: 0G

Post by Sailor » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:50 pm

Seems to be a good car, the arches excepted.

On the close-up of the rear o/s arch, there's a thing that looks like a rivet head. Also, the paint above the arch has a texture to it. Is there a story here?
International Pensioner of Mystery

BrokenSpring

Post by BrokenSpring » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:03 pm

Hello Guys, thanks for your comments so far.
@damon It is the missus and she deff would not be amused. Also i refuse to drive in her 1.1 Kia
We have a silver cross baby seat and pram and it seems to be one of the bigger baby seats and enjoys not fitting in cars that i like.

@Sailor
I will take a closer look tonight, but as far as i remember its just a bubble. The texture was very annoying.. When i bought the car it was buffed and polished like crazy so the paintwork was perfect and the arches were perfect with no bubbles or rust anywhere in sight. Then after about 6 months as the polish wore off over numerous washes i noticed the texture on there, so no story in my ownership. Only thing i can think of it was sprayed at some point but i have no bill to say when or why. It is however not all that noticible untill you really look close.
Offloading 5th Gen bits.

Feeniks

Post by Feeniks » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:05 am

Do keep us posted 8-)

bennyboy
Art Mechanic
My Generation: 4G
PSN GamerTag: OCbennyboy

Post by bennyboy » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:18 am

Sell the Kia, buy £1500 worth of CRV ('03 I can vouch for...) job done. :D

Whilst I can and do regularly get my 4 year old in the lude, as you say it's not practical as a main family car of course.
We bought an '03 CRV for Mrs Bennyboy a couple of years back and I have to say I really cant fault it. It's nice to drive, hugely practical and yet no bigger than the lude (smaller actually I believe) so parking is fine too. Isofix, up high, big boot blah blah blah.
When we change it, it'll just be for an 07 I think, the latest year of the 2nd gen anyway.

You'd have to pay a lot more than £1500 to come back to a nice lude with as much potential as yours (A8!) in the future, just a thought. :!: ;)
UKDM BB1 H22A8 NH561P 244bhp 173lbft

'Nigella'

www.benaskem.co.uk

BrokenSpring

Post by BrokenSpring » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:16 am

Hello All
Woohoo we have a baby!!! Lovely baby girl Alexa. She had a bumpy start and we spent 5 weeks in ICU :( but things are looking up now and we have been home now for 3 weeks.
Well life with a baby is mighty interesting... it's amazing how much i seem to be talking about poo and sick.

Soooo anyway, thank you all for your inputs. Would love to keep the prelude but it just dosen't make sense. Mrs Spring is dead set on a kia ceed :facepalm: Even though i've found some awesome 2L 2003 5 door civics, the type s ones.

I've definitely decided to go for an Accord type R or go to the dark side and get a new age scooby... both should do as family cars for the long journeys and will be fun when we get there :D

So i am willing to take offers for the Prelude and dropping the price to 2100 to sell.
Offloading 5th Gen bits.

Return to “Cars for sale”