Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

91 3rd Gen Facelift 4WS AUTO

Selling a car? Stick it in this section
jay m3
My Generation: 3G

91 3rd Gen Facelift 4WS AUTO

Post by jay m3 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:38 pm

For sale is my much cherished 1991 3rd Gen Honda Prelude 2.0i-16 4WS AUTO in red with velour trim. This is the FOUR WHEEL STEERING model as denoted by 4WS. The vehicle was fully equipped with extras for the year; electric windows, electric sunroof, electric & heated mirrors, cruise control & the featherlight power assisted power steering. Everything works of course along with the flip up headlights & fog lights. This model does not have the AC option.

The car is the cleanest you'll find. The body shines like a brand new car. There is no rust to be found anywhere. I had the car re sprayed in its original colour professionally, whilst taking all trims & mouldings off. The bottom of the arches were a little bubbly so i had them cut out & new metal welded. Very common area. I have pictures of the step by step process. This was not a cheap spray job, it was professionally done to a very high standard & cost a lot of money. I have the receipt for this.

At the same time, BC Coilovers were fitted which are the best coilovers you can get for the 3rd Gen Prelude. Polly Bushes were fitted which have a lifetime warranty, along with a performance Anti Roll Bar. The exhaust was blowing so a new flexi pipe was bought & professionally fitted. The car was also given a FULL service i.e oil, oil filter, spark plugs, air filter, gearbox oil, discs & pads all round. The timing belt has been done under 5000 miles ago. All the tyres have 6mm plus tread.

I have the receipts for everything in a large file of all the paperwork along with the Honda folder & manuals. Also have the original sales brochure (very rare). The car comes with 2 keys. Wind deflectors have been fitted imported from Germany as you can't find them here. Also included is the uber rare dash mat.

A genuine low mileage of 62,000 backed up by every old MOT & service bills from Honda. Mechanically exemplary with perfect steering, seamless automatic gearbox and all electrics working perfectly including the cruise control. Has 6 owners but 3 were of the same family, I have proof of this. Also there was no service book but the car was MOT'd & serviced by Honda, I have the paperwork. I have acquired a blank service book to start keeping a record of the services I have done. Just flown through an MOT with no advisories so expires 20/04/2018.

The underside is just as clean as the body panels. No rot to be found anywhere. Any inspection is welcome. No oil leaks. One of the best examples of this car I have ever seen and a real head turner when out and about. I regularly get comments about how clean the car is.

Some of the minor common problems that have been addressed are firstly the flap on the digital clock had broken so a new clock was sourced & fitted. Old one is included as a spare with broken flap. The Heater/Fan control knob on dash, these have a tendency to crack where they slide over the flat sided stick they act on, I had it replaced. 2nd hand one on there. Again, old one is there as a spare.

Alloy wheels are upgraded to 16" original Honda alloys and do complement the exterior of the perfectly, the car has been lowered on the BC Coilovers but this can be adjusted to however you wish. The very rare a sought after Honda tool kit complete with all the tools in the boot along with the original jack.

I understand the term 'no expense spared' is often used loosely in for sale adds but I genuinely bought this car to keep for many years to come & never to sell it. The only reason the car is for sale is because I no longer have the garage it was stored in. It pains me to be parking the car in the street after all the hard work I have put into it. I am a Honda enthusiast & an active member on Lude Generation where you can find my build thread. My asking price is no where near as much as I have spent on this car but I never bought it as an investment nor for profit. However, I am in no rush to sell & will not accept silly offers. A very near offer will be considered. I would like the car to go to a fellow enthusiast who appreciates everything I have put in.

The price is £4295. Test drives only if driving licence & insurance for this car is shown. Obviously must have the full amount ready. No group viewings please.

Thanks for looking at my advert.

Pics can be found on my build here:

http://www.ludegeneration.co.uk/profile ... 19904.html
Last edited by jay m3 on Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

prelude85

Post by prelude85 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:34 pm

Hi, mate. do you have any parts left by any chance or even the car?

jay m3

Post by jay m3 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:20 am

I thought I had updated this but seems like I haven't. This is sold.

jay m3

Post by jay m3 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:21 am

prelude85 wrote:Hi, mate. do you have any parts left by any chance or even the car?
Sorry gave all the parts with the car. I do have a set of front red mats in very good condition for the 3rd gen that I will looking to sell. Let me know if these are of any interest to anyone.

Thanks

Return to “Cars for sale”