Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

1998 Silver 5th Gen Prelude 2.0i for breaking. Brighton.

Selling a car? Stick it in this section
Ranranahan
My Generation: 5G

1998 Silver 5th Gen Prelude 2.0i for breaking. Brighton.

Post by Ranranahan » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:51 am

I have for sale, my 1998 5th Gen silver Prelude 2.0i Auto. (My only 5th Gen, but my 4th Prelude.) This is a standard car with no mods. 2 lady owners from new. 94,427 miles at the moment. I'm selling the car for breaking, due to the issues described below.

The car starts first time and drives well. It is still in daily use. However, the head gasket is gently failing and has been doing so for at least 2-3 months; (therefore, this probably renders the car unsalvageable, as I didn't catch it quickly enough.)
I only discovered the problem as steam was visible when the engine was warm, which I knew wasn't normal. I've continued to drive it because the damage was already done, and I've been looking for a replacement without much luck. I have had to top up the oil and coolant a little recently.

I had a new complete exhaust system fitted less than a year ago, but this may also now be unusable. I don't know.
The bodywork is relatively rust-free, but due to a hit & run when the car was parked, there is damage to the offside panel & driver's door. There is a dent maybe 2-3 inches in diameter on the bonnet. Both bumpers have dents and paint issues. The handbrake cable snapped a couple of days ago. The driver's side mirror glass was stolen, which rendered the internal workings unusable. I fitted a spare, held on by cable ties and was looking for a replacement.
The interior is in very good condition. I've always had a cover on the driver's seat. The windows & moonroof work without problems. I've had the car 11 years and it's been very reliable. It may look uncared for now, but that's only recently. I have the service book and all MOTs & receipts from my ownership if required. I have the red and the grey keys, both unused.

I cannot break this car myself as I live in a flat. I am selling it for breaking as a whole car for £250ono. The car is perfectly drivable. The MOT runs out on 13th June and must be collected from Brighton in the few days prior to that. The car is taxed until the end of June. If no one is interested, I may list it on eBay, otherwise :violin:

I'm happy to answer any questions I can in detail. I am happy to take any other photos required.
Thanks.
Last edited by Ranranahan on Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

songwriter

Post by songwriter » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:42 pm

Hi Ranranahan
do you know the actual silver colour please?
cheers :)

Ranranahan

Post by Ranranahan » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:35 am

Hi,

The colour is Nordic Mist Metallic B-83M according to the label on the car.

Thanks.

Ranranahan

Post by Ranranahan » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:56 am

The car has now been accepted in part-exchange.

Return to “Cars for sale”